The Absolution
Welcome to the Absolution. Remember to follow the rules, and try not to get in the way of any of the droids working on the ship. Thanks!
The Absolution
Welcome to the Absolution. Remember to follow the rules, and try not to get in the way of any of the droids working on the ship. Thanks!
The Absolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome aboard the Absolution

HomeHome  Toonami BroadcastToonami Broadcast  Latest imagesLatest images  Chat RoomChat Room  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 92nd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TurqoiseAngel
D.G Owner
D.G Owner
TurqoiseAngel

IGN : Zoey Sparklebird

The 92nd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Empty
PostSubject: The 92nd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 92nd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:13 am

The Darklands Gazette. The Darklands just got a lot darker, and is becoming bigger.
Welcome to our 92nd issue! We hope you enjoy this issue just like the last issues we’ve had. We have many great things for this week as we always do and we would like to thank all our readers for their support. - The Darklands Gazette news team

The 92nd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Fansiteedition

Our planet Earth by the Darklands Gazette staff
Have any good ideas on how to help the environment that hasn’t been mentioned before? We’d love to hear it! Just post it here or PM it to us.

Art Spotlight sign-ups by TurqoiseAngel
Hello everyone, we have a new spotlight category now, for art. There are probably many of you that would like to see your art featured in the Gazette. All you have to do is send me a PM that has direct links to your art or post the links on this thread and it will be posted in one of the Gazette’s weekly issues. Note that it must be appropriate and the art must have been created by you.

Writer’s Spotlight by Turqoiseangel
I’ve decided to feature Zerowing21’s fan-fic Unintended Hero, hope you enjoy!

Chapter 1: Daily Routine

It’s been two months since the disappearance of Buttercup in a battle against Mojo Jojo. Things had settled down but, this isn’t a story about the Powerpuff Girls but of someone that Blossom and Bubbles know.

His name is Holden Wren and he is Blossom‘s best friend as well as Professor Utonium‘s godson. The Powerpuff Girls think of him as the brother they never had, since he has lived with them since the age of five. Holden had entered the lives of the Utoniums two weeks after Mojo had used the Key of the World and gotten bored with the world he had made and went back to his evil ways.

On this particular March morning in Pokey Oaks South end, Holden is waiting on Blossom and Bubbles for school outside the house. A blue and pink blur of light goes buzzing past Holden and head off towards Townsville.

The father and creator of the Powerpuff Girls, Professor Utonium runs out of the house and shouts in a loud voice, “Girls you forgot your lunch!”

Unfortunately the girls don’t hear him.

The Professor turns around to look at Holden and replies, “Can you give them their lunches when you see them at school?”

Holden nods, takes the bags from the Professor’s hands and replies, “Sure, I’ll give it to them Professor.”

Holden then sighs heavily and replies, “I just hope Blossom is on time for our project presentation. She has the project with her. I really don‘t want my grade to drop again.”

The last three projects they had didn’t go over so well because Blossom was always saving the day. Holden grabs his backpack off the ground and heads off towards school.

Professor Utonium, noticing the sigh from his godson, chuckles a bit, and then looks at the sky and remarks, “Blossom should really tell Holden how she feels about him. I guess that time will come of its own accord.”

Professor Utonium goes back into the house with a smile and closes the door behind him.

Holden is tall with a medium build. His hair is a natural fuchsia and some of his hair falls into his eyes which are a bright blue. He is rather tall for a fifteen year old being 5’8 inches tall. He wears a red shirt and a pair of brown jeans. His sneakers are old and dirty, but he didn’t care. What he did care about is that his hover board is broken and has been since Hoagie (Numbuh 2) had used it to repair Sector V’s and a few of the other KND’s (Kids Next Doors) S.C.A.M.P.E.R. (Shabby Camper Actually Makes Perfect Emergency Rescumabob).
Holden finally reaches Pokey Oaks Jr. High after a five minute walk and enters the building, heading to his locker. Ben Tennyson walks up to Holden in the hallway just beside his look.

Ben shakes his head and then speaks in a quiet tone, “You do realize that you and Blossom will be called first to present your project.”

Holden looks over at Ben for a moment, frowns and then responds, “How do you know, Ben? Did you use the Ultramatrix to turn into a Galvan to check our teacher’s plans?”

Ben frowns, shakes his head, and replies, “No, Dexter is the one who told me. I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t have a small Dexbot in the teachers’ lounge spying on all of them.”

Ben is only going to school at Pokey Oaks Jr. High with his friend and cousin for a month as part of a school program in Bellwood. A lot of people who have abilities and powers came here just to talk to other heroes. It had occurred to Holden that he was one of the only people in school who didn’t have anything special about them.

A door slams opens and two people arguing very loudly come out of it. It happens to be Dexter and Mandark arguing over Dexter’s sister Deedee.

Dexter jabs his purple gloved finger at Mandark and shouts in his thick accent, “You are stupid Mandark. There is no way my sister would ever fall for you. She‘s not a moron.”

Mandark then laughs his evil three then five interval laugh and then states, pushing Dexter into a locker, “She will be mine Dexter. I don’t care what you have to say about it.” Mandark leaves for his homeroom, laughing.

Holden sighs, shakes his head and then remarks, “What a way to start a morning with those two arguing. What’s next? Kevin and Gwen or Kuki and Wallaby fighting about something?”

A door opens and Gwen exits into the hall and overhears Holden’s comment.

She walks over to him and Ben and then replies in a serious tone, “What about you and Blossom? I‘ve never seen either of you get into a fight with each other.”

Ben rolls his eyes before he starts to laugh.

Holden sets his backpack down on the floor and replies, “We don’t fight that often. Blossom and Buttercup are the…”

Holden stops and looks at the floor with a sad look in his eyes.

Gwen looks away, feeling guilty for being up the subject and says, “I’m sorry Holden, I shouldn’t have brought it up. Come on Ben, let‘s go to our homeroom.”

Gwen grabs Ben’s ear and yanks him down the hall with him screaming in protest.
Holden opens his locker slowly and a piece of plywood with a set of eyes and a smile falls out, which causes Holden to groan loudly. He just didn’t need to deal with Johnny and Plank this early in the morning. Double D or Edd just happens to be passing by at that exact moment.

Edd stops, looks down at Plank and then quips with a smile on his face, “Shall I take Plank to Johnny for you, Holden?”

Holden nods, scratches his head and replies, “I would do it myself, but I don’t know where Johnny is right now. So can you please do it for me, Edd?”

Edd nods, picks Plank off the floor and walks down the hall. Holden frowns and start to grabs a book from his locker. Mac then runs passed and accidentally pushes Holden into his locker.

Mac looks over his shoulder and shouts back to Holden in an apologetic tone, “Sorry, Coco had to come and check something in the audiovisual room for some reason. I’m the one with the key today, so I have to open it for her.”

Coco, who is a weird looking bird/tree/plane stops in front of Holden and she lays a red plastic egg at his feet. She then speeds off to her intended destination. Holden opens the egg to find a strange rifle, which he puts it in his locker and then closes the door.

The bell starts to rings loudly and Holden picks up his backpack off the floor and runs down the hallway to his homerooms. He enters the room and quickly sits down at his desk in the second to last row near the back. Dexter enters the room and sit down at his desk, which just happens to be to Holden’s left.

Dexter takes out his project and says in a questioning tone, “I was wondering if you would be interested in helping me with an experiment this afternoon?”

Holden leans back in his seat. He is trying to read Dexter, but it was harder than trying to read what Bubbles was thinking.

Holden closes his eyes and then say in a tired voice, “What kind of experiment is it Dex?”

Dexter responds with a smile, “An experiment with time travel. It will be safe. So you won’t have to worry about anything.”

Holden opens his eyes, sits up straight in his chair and then replies, “Sure, why not Dex. It’s not like I have anything pressing after school. Blossom would probably just lecture me all the way home about something like picking up the slack with chores around the house.”

Mrs. Keen walks into the room with a set of files in her arms and then says to the class, “Ok, it’s now time for group presentation. First up is Blossom and Holden.”

Holden groans and hits his head on the desk.

Mrs. Keen then says with disappointment in her voice, “Blossom isn’t here and she has your project doesn’t she?”

Holden sighs and responds in a defeated voice, “Unfortunately she does have it. You might as well mark us down for it being late.”

Mrs. Keen looks around the class room and responds, “Well next up, we have Dexter, Nigel Uno, and Sheri Bird.”

The three people stand up and do their projects, which takes up 10 minutes. After them, Ben, Hoagie and Mandy give their presentation. They are followed by Billy, Irwin and Mindy.

Bubbles then enters the room at that moment and says with a smile, “Sorry I’m late Mrs. Keen. Blossom is taking care of the mop up work, so she will be a little late.”

Holden hands Bubbles her lunch as she passes by to put down her Mr. Octi backpack at her desk. She then goes back to the front of the class to stand next to Abby and Juniper Lee to present their project. After them, the three Ed’s go next and present, but their project is just terrible and it makes absolutely no sense.

Gwen, Deedee and Kevin Levin then stand up and give their presentation and they are followed by Kuki, Wally and Princess Morbucks. It’s evident Princess never did anything on it, because of the looks the two KND operatives give her.

Mrs. Keen looks up at the clock with a frown and replies, “That just leaves Blossom and Holden. Since, Blossom is still not here, we will just move on to the next portion of our class.”

School drones on for an hour, before the bell rings for the next period. Holden stands up from his desk and runs to his trigonometry class. Halfway through Mr. Green’s math lecture, the door opens and Blossom walks into the room with a hall pass in her hand.

She hands the note to Mr. Green and then sits down in the empty desk behind Holden. Holden hands her the lunch from the Professor without a single solitary word. The next three hours of school pass with nothing eventful happening.
Want to read the rest of this great fan-fic? Go to: http://greenmaw.com/forums/thread.php?threadID=2015

Mobile Suit of the Week by SFreedom
AGE-1 Gundam AGE-1 Normal is the titular mobile suit of Mobile Suit Gundam AGE(which is airing currently in japan,watch here in english subbed http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/mobile-suit-gundam-age-online ) . It is piloted by Flit Asuno.

The Gundam AGE-1 Normal is the prized possession of the Asuno Family which incorporates a special OS to counter the Unknown Enemy or UE. Since its development, the mobile suit is designed as a Legendary savior, holder of the mobile suit name "Gundam".

Developed through the data retrieved from the AGE device passed down from the Asuno family, the mobile suit is perhaps the only way to fight the UE through combat. Design wise, the mobile suit is intended to be versatile on equipping several arm and leg packs for combat. However, the unit's power lies within its OS, the AGE System, which allows the Mobile Suit to "evolve" and gain access to its three forms from experience in battle.

The suit is equipped with several basic weaponry such as beam sabers/daggers, a beam rifle and a shield. However, it can also can assume two forms: the faster SPARROW Form and the more powerful TITUS Form, in which the arms and legs of the Gundam AGE-1 changes to suit its battle style.

The armor of the Gundam is strong enough to withstand attacks from a Gafran's beam Vulcan and its diffuse beam cannon with no apparent damage.

Armaments(currently the Ms is still getting more weapons):
■DODS Rifle
The basic long ranged armament of the AGE-1 Normal. The DODS Rifle is created as a multipurpose weapon to shoot down enemy UEs as it can both assume on its normal and sniping modes. The DODS Rifle was capable of piercing through the UE's heavy mobile suit armor by spinning the beam like a powerful drill, generating enough force to destroy a Gafran with one shot.[1] The DODS rifle has a limited number of shots, enough to keep a running battle going for some time but eventually repeated use without resupply will render the weapon empty.

■Beam Saber/Dagger
The AGE-1's close combat armament, which is based on the RGE-B790 Genoace's Heat Stick. The Beam Saber/Dagger can adjust its length for different combat situations.

■Shield
The AGE-1's defensive armament. It's made much thicker and sturdier than the Genoace's shield
System FeaturesEdit

System Features:
■AGE System
The AGE System is the Special OS for the Gundam AGE-1 engineered by the lineage of the Asuno family. It researches the evolution of living beings by digitizing the mysteries surrounding it and collects battle data to customize itself, grows alongside the pilot and is customized and used exclusively by the pilot itself. The only person who can use this system is Flit himself. In order to mobilize the Gundam, the AGE Device must be used.

Variants:
■AGE-1T Gundam AGE-1 Titus
■AGE-1S Gundam AGE-1 Spallow
■AGE-1 Gundam AGE-1 Normal (Daiki Version)

The 92nd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! MS01 The 92nd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! MS01_-_Copy

FUSIONFALL HOROSCOPES by VivaAlecto
Remember... these are just for fun! Don't take any horoscope seriously unless the reading was made 100% for you and only you! *please stay tuned for the next set of horoscopes *

Video Game Review by Reiji Ozora

A whole bunch of issues ago I reviewed Team Fortress 2. That was the Orange Box version. Here's the PC/Mac review. In the ONLINE version of TF2, nothing changed minus classes. But maps and weapons, and...hats are new. There are now new guns each class can unlock for the classes. My favorite is the Frontier Justice for the engineer. (Try killing mah sentry, we'll see who's laughing in the end!)New maps such as Sawmill and Mann Manor are on this version. Events take place during the year. So my best way to try it is by playing the game! Get your lazy butts over to Steam!
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id//ReijiOzora aka Wheatley

Advice column by VivaAlecto
Need some help or advice on a problem you have and don’t know who to turn to? Just post your problem here or if you prefer you can send it by PM to VivaAlecto. She will post her response in the following issue of the Gazette or PM you back.

Harvest of Haste by Jake MagnavoX
You're invited to the Darklands Gazette's First Annual Harvest of Haste - A Spawn Smash Event
The 92nd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Banner10
Hello, FusionFall fans! Today, I bring you all some special details about a cool event that TurqoiseAngel and I plan to be hosting in game on Sunday, November 27th at 2:00 PM Eastern, and every single one of you is invited to attend!

So, what is the Harvest of Haste? Well, it's simple if you know the aspects to Spawn Smash, so I will explain Spawn Smash first.

In any ordinary Spawn Smash event, players are taken to a certain area in the game based on their level. The player will have three minutes to kill as many Spawns (monsters) within that amount of time, as long as vehicles aren't used and the player himself doesn't get ANY assistance from a different player.

However, the Harvest of Haste is NOT an ordinary event, so there are some changes to the rules and procedures of game play. Players will be permitted to have ONE team member and ONE team member only. Vehicles WILL be permitted as well, no matter what class or type they are ranked.

Although these are pretty cool positives to this, there are still some negatives. Both of you must be visible on my NanoCom map at the same time, or your automatically disqualified. I will be making every effort to keep up with both team members, though. Trust me when I say I don't pick favorites.

Why call it the Harvest of Haste? Well, for one, there is certain danger involved if you aren't fully prepared, and two, it's to help celebrate Thanksgiving!

Can't attend, but still want to witness? Not a problem! The event will be streaming at Fusion Frenzy's LiveStream Channel! All you have to do is go to Fusion Frenzy, and click the "LIVE" button at the top, and choose "yes" for an answer.

If you are going to converse with fellow viewers via the chat application, please view the rules first. They are shown below the application itself, and the moderators and I really don't think that they're that hard to follow.

If you plan to be a part of this event, please make reservations at Fusion Frenzy's OFFICIAL Forums. The link to the forum category is posted below. Don't have an account? Not a problem, either!

Guests will be permitted to post in the one particular forum every day until the event from 4-6:00 PM Eastern, but these times are subject to change.

Prizes? You bet, but further information on these will be released in a later edition of your favorite FusionFall news providers: The Darklands Gazette!

We hope to see a lot of you fans on the 27th!

Forum Link: http://fusionfall7322.forumotion.com/c6-special-event

The story of the Fusion Fighters- A Fusionfall fan-fiction by razorfang
>>Pleased stay tuned for the next chapter<<

GKND Sign-up by TurqoiseAngel
The GKND is still up and going, but we would like some more members to join us to do fun things in Fusion Fall. We explore areas, go on missions, and make friends in our group. To Sign up, just leave your IGN, your level and what numbuh you’d like to be. Check the last page to see if the numbuh you want is still available. Here’s the link to our thread: http://greenmaw.com/forums/thread.php?threadID=33&page=5
We also have a separate website:
http://dimondstar.webs.com/

Riddles: Last week’s riddle was answered correctly by Shikidara, Jetlion and Skilletfan!
This week’s riddle: It starts cars, it helps make juice, and it usually finishes a topic. What is it?

Question of the week by the Darklands Gazette team
Q of the week: What is your favorite part about holiday events?

Do you think there will be a big event for Thanksgiving this year? By TurqoiseAngel
Yes-4
No-3
Maybe-7

Thank you for reading this week’s issue of the Darklands Gazette!! The Forum name of whoever got it right first in all four websites will be posted next week.
Any questions and comments can be left here, you can reach us at our website, or you can PM us here. Thank You! Website link: http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/

The 92nd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Gazetteslogo
Back to top Go down
http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/

Page 1 of 1