The Absolution
Welcome to the Absolution. Remember to follow the rules, and try not to get in the way of any of the droids working on the ship. Thanks!
The Absolution
Welcome to the Absolution. Remember to follow the rules, and try not to get in the way of any of the droids working on the ship. Thanks!
The Absolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome aboard the Absolution

HomeHome  Toonami BroadcastToonami Broadcast  Latest imagesLatest images  Chat RoomChat Room  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 80th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TurqoiseAngel
D.G Owner
D.G Owner
TurqoiseAngel

IGN : Zoey Sparklebird

The 80th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Empty
PostSubject: The 80th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 80th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:19 pm

The Darklands Gazette. The Darklands just got a lot darker, and is becoming bigger.
Welcome to our 80th issue! We hope you enjoy this issue just like the last issues we’ve had. We have many great things for this week as we always do and we would like to thank all our readers for their support. - The Darklands Gazette news team

The 80th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Fansiteedition

Our planet Earth by the Darklands Gazette staff
Have any good ideas on how to help the environment that hasn’t been mentioned before? We’d love to hear it! Just post it here or PM it to us.

Art Spotlight sign-ups by TurqoiseAngel
Hello everyone, we have a new spotlight category now, for art. There are probably many of you that would like to see your art featured in the Gazette. All you have to do is send me a PM that has direct links to your art or post the links on this thread and it will be posted in one of the Gazette’s weekly issues. Note that it must be appropriate and the art must have been created by you.

Song of the Week by CloneCluke
Anyway you Want It, By Journey.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgvnZIxOX08

Writer’s Spotlight By TurquoiseAngel
I’ve decided to feature chapters from another story by Alice Freeangel, Cyber Paradise. Enjoy!
-Chapter One-
A slight interference made the man-made flat box hiss in agitation, however the picture returned within a few seconds as the newscast continued its run. A stout teen glanced up from his place on the leather couch, closing his school books to eliminate any distractions from the programming. He looked about sixteen years of age, curly auburn locks grown out past his ears that complimented his slightly tanned skin. Icy blue orbs stared intently at the screen, awaiting the voices of the news anchors to ease his troubles.

“Six months have passed since the incident of the 300,000 vanishings and so far, there has been no progress in the search of any kind since the early stages. Mass panic has managed to be held off for now but as days go by without any explanation, one has to wonder what could have happened to these people,” the anchorman, Tom Parkinson, stated to the camera, trying his best to hide the fear in his eyes as he addressed the issue.

“I agree Tom, all over the world a count of approximately 300,000 people across all seven continents vanished without a trace on March 15, leaving police and government officials baffled,” stated the anchorwoman Lisa Whitlow from beside Tom. “So far the main theories are cult occurrences’ however there has been no known proof for these theories. One thing is certain though, officials have not given up on the search. Even now across the globe search parties are out in the search for any clues for what has happened.”

His auburn hair fell over his blue eyes as the boy stood up from the couch, a remote tight in hand pointed at the television. With one click, the contraption went silent and the picture faded away. Another day, another disappointment…Of course did Travis Ellington really expect any good news after six months of waiting? There was always that hope that somehow the peoples’ whereabouts would be found, however the likelihood that anything remotely pleasant happening was just slim to none.

“I need to stop getting my hopes up,” Travis mumbled to himself, tossing the remote away onto the leather couch. The teen frowned, strolling over to the window and glancing out at the children carelessly gallivanting on the sidewalks. They seemed oblivious to everything that had happened…of course they would, they were children. Their minds are all about their own imaginations, not gripping onto the reality that truly surrounded them. “Lucky brats, what I wouldn’t give to have their mindset at a time like this.”

Travis broke away from the window as a door slamming echoed the halls of his home. The teen glanced over at the stairwell in the main hall, following his sister’s footsteps as she stumbled down the steps onto the mat at the front door.

“Sounds like you’re in a hurry,” Travis mumbled to the girl as she glanced over at him with her clear blue eyes. Her air was void of emotion, the girl standing there a mere shell of a human. However, Travis knew that was just how his sister, Lola, was since the incident six months ago. “Lo, you are going out again?”

Silence was the only thing exchanged between the two siblings as Lola turned her attention back to the door, stepping forth and exiting the house. Travis could see his sister outside the window heading towards Main Street and let out a sigh of agitation. That girl was off to silently hunt for Marty again, keeping all things bottled up as she combed the streets on the prowl for her dear brother.

“It’s hypocritical of me to wish she’d open up I guess,” Travis whispered to himself, moving back over to the couch and snatching up his books before trudging into the main hall and up the stairs to his room. “I mean, honestly, how many people have I been able to talk to about all this? Mom goes into a fit of tears if I even mention his bloody name. And Dad…geez, that man just ignores any mentioning of his name…as if Marty didn’t even exist before.”

The teen closed his door behind him, tossing his books on his bed and moving to a large, mahogany bookshelf towering over in the corner. His icy blue eyes glanced around him, as if searching for another presence in the room before he moved any further. Once knowing for certain that there weren’t any hidden ninjas in his vicinity, Travis inched over to the bookshelf and reached towards the highest shelf. His hand fumbled around through the main books resting there, lifting up and pulling them into his line of vision before shaking his head and tossing them away.

His search took a few good minutes of rummaging before the teen finally gave a nod of content at the old, leather worn book in his grasps. Travis snatched the book clear off the shelf, stumbling over to his bedside and plopping down onto the mattress.

A saddened smile crept onto the boy’s face as he brushed his fingers over the worn cover of the piece of literature in his hands, tracing over the title in one smooth sweep. A Foolish Man’s Paradise was what it read, a book that his Grandfather, William Ellington, had written in hopes that spilling his own dreams onto paper would make them all come true. Travis just sat there and let out a chuckle – the man certainly was a fool, no doubt about that.

“An old fool’s dream of finding some sort of Paradise…and now he’s sitting in Washington somewhere with Uncle Benny and Aunt Deborah being thought of as an ‘inconvenience’ for them,” Travis mumbled, tapping a finger on the cover as he spoke. “Poor guy – Even after all these years of trying, he’s still not anywhere close to having his dream come true.”

A door slamming broke Travis away from his thoughts, the stout teen glancing over at the digital clock on his bedside table. It was already 6:30; the sound was most likely his mother, Sandra, coming home from being on-call for nearly 26 hours.

“I better go help her out, she’s probably too exhausted to make it upstairs again,” the teen mumbled to himself as he slid off the side of his bed onto his feet. Travis laid the book down on his pillow before moving into the hallway, slowing pulling the door closed as he left.

“Travis, that you?” The teen heard his mother drone from the main room downstairs which confirmed his previous thoughts for being true. His family was really good at overworking themselves. “Oh man, just being home and away from that hospital is bliss. Anyone else home?”

“No, Dad’s still at work and Lo is…”

The teen paused as he made it to the final step, catching a glimpse at his mother on the couch. The woman was completely exhausted, her body outstretched over the cushioned surface. It was strange to admit but that was probably the most relaxed he’d seen her in the past six months, ever since the disappearance of Marty. Travis knew that just mentioning his sister’s search would send his mother into a fit of tears, driving herself mad with grief.

“Lo?” Sandra repeated from the couch, opening one of her aquamarine orbs to glance worriedly at her son. “Where’s Lo?”

“A friend of hers came over and picked her up,” Travis lied, moving away from the steps and into the main room. “That one boy she brought with her to movie night, I think his name was Damon. Yeah, he came over and they went to the mall together. I bet they are going to start officially going out together, don’t you think so Mom?”

“Well, isn’t that some good news,” Sandra visually relaxed at the news of her daughter, easing back into the couch as she let out a yawn. “Let’s not pressure her on the relationship or anything like that. She’ll tell us when it happens so we just have to be patient, that’s all.”

The stout teen smiled in response to his mother’s words, his hand gripping one of her arms as he helped her off the couch and over to the stairs. It took him a few minutes but Travis managed to get his mother safely to bed, closing the door to her room behind him as he returned out into the hall.

“Hopefully Lo gets home before Dad does,” Travis sighed, trudging back down the stairs and into the main room. The teen made it over to the couch and fell back, getting comfortable while his eyes came to a close. “Dad wouldn’t approve of her being out there and he certainly wouldn’t buy the story I fed Mom. He knows exactly what Lo’s been doing and thinks it’s a waste of time. As if…”

Travis let his thoughts wander as he slowly slipped away from consciousness, his body sinking deeper into the cushions of the couch.

There was only darkness. Darkness and familiar voices from the past.

Louis, it’s Marty! It’s Marty; Marty’s missing Louis! What do we do?!

What do you mean Marty’s missing, Sandra?

Marty wasn’t in his room when I woke up this morning. I called his college, his friends, his employers…no one has seen or heard from him. I even went to his favorite hang-outs and he wasn’t anywhere to be found. He took his bike so he went somewhere late or else he would have taken the metro. Don’t you see, Louis? He’s gone!

Marty’s probably just at some girl’s house, why are you worrying so much about it Sandra?

Marty is not that type of boy; he would have told us if he was leaving for somewhere. He always tells us where he’s going. This isn’t like him at all; something happened! And that’s not all, have you seen the news Louis? They say that there have been numerous reports of people missing from around the world!

So you’re trying to tell me that our son has participated in some cult disappearing act?

I don’t know…it could be related…I just…Our son; he’s missing Louis…

…You cannot worry over this Sandra…none of our family can worry over this…You’re all getting worked up over nothing. Marty will return when he is ready to and when he does he will have to deal with me. And if he has joined up in some cult…well then…that boy can go on living alone then…since he pulls such idiotic stunts…

Dad, how can you say that about Marty?! Marty wouldn’t do something like that! He must have been kidnapped or something!

Daddy, where’s big brother? Did he really run away?

There will be no more talk of that boy in our home! The police are doing their job and you are all here panicking and making your mother cry. No more talk of that boy, understand?!

Daddy called big brother…that boy…as if he had no name…does Daddy not like big brother anymore?

Lo, don’t bring it up to Daddy…I don’t think he’ll be kind if he hears you talk about Marty…I think that Daddy doesn’t know how to handle the disappearance except let the police do investigations while we sit at home and continue with our everyday lives.

But…Travis…he’s our brother…how can we just go on with our lives when we have no idea what became of him?

I don’t know, Lo. I don’t know but…I’ll do some searching of my own…I’ll find out what happened to Marty and bring him back home.

I will search on my own as well…I want big brother to come home…

I do too Lo…I do too…

The voices continued to play back in Travis’s mind like a broken record, causing the boy to awaken from his slumber a little past 1 am. No doubt his father, Louis, had already come home and slumped off to the bedroom, leaving his snoozing son on the couch the whole night.

The teen glanced over to the stairwell, darkness consuming the area entirely save for a small glimmer coming from the front door’s window. From the lack of yelling waking him sooner, Travis concluded that Lo must have managed to return home before their dad. A loud sigh escaped his lips as he pulled himself up from the couch onto his feet, knowing there would be hell to pay if Lo didn’t return sooner.

“Whatever, lucky for me I don’t have a dumb rebel of a sister who aims to make our parents worry,” Travis rolled his eyes as he spoke, tiptoeing over to the stairs and up to his room. “She knows what would happen if she got her after dad. She knows not to overstep those boundaries.”

Auburn curls fell over the boy’s eyes as he moved into his room, Travis bringing a hand up to brush them aside as he moved to his bed. Without another word, he collapsed onto the soft mattress and closed off his icy blue orbs to the world in hopes to return to the dream world once again. He almost made it too…until his hand slipped off the side of the bed and hung down, his fingers brushing a leathery object on the ground.

“Hmm?” The icy blue orbs opened up once again in annoyance, Travis’s hand fumbling with the object on the ground. Finally wrapping his fingers around the spine, he pulled the object up to find his grandfather’s novel had fallen off his pillow. Travis was so exhausted he had forgotten all about it. “Well, aren’t I a horrible grandson? Hopefully the book wasn’t damaged. I wouldn’t be able to face him if…”

Travis went silent as he held up the novel into the moonlight that shone from his window. A single page seemed to be knocked loose from the spine, lingering there within the novel threatening to escape. The teen felt a wave of guilt flood over himself as he sat up in bed, opening up the cover and watching the lone page fall into his lap.

“Great, I knew I should have put the book back on the shelf when Mom came home. Grandpa is going to kill me when I tell him I ruined his book,” Travis whined to himself as he lifted the page up to the moonlight, eyeing it with suspicion. “Wait…this isn’t a page from the book...”

His eyes followed each word on the page as Travis began to tense up, trying to grasp exactly what he was reading.

Come to our Special Presentation of the Newest Gaming Experience

We will be located at Warehouse 1312 in the Industrial District and we’re looking for a few good men and women to try out the game in a beta test. Prepare to be amazed as our one-of-a-kind technology takes you on a journey beyond your wildest dreams. It will almost seem like a new reality.

The Beta Test will occur on March 15th at Midnight. Hope to see you there.

Travis’s eyes grew wide as he read the last line of the paper, every word echoing within his mind. March 15…March 15 was the day that all those people had disappeared. It was the day that Marty had disappeared.

“This…paper…couldn’t be…”

Without finishing his own sentence, Travis had whipped himself out of his bed and stumbled over to his closet. With a quick change into warmer attire, Travis made an effort to silently rush down the stairs with the piece of paper tight in hand. The stout teen slipped on his untied steel-toed boots that rested at the front door and checked his pockets for his wallet, keys and phone. Then, after making sure he had everything, Travis took a short look up the stairs towards where his family slept.

“Wait for me…I’m going to bring Marty back…I promise…”

Travis gave a nod in emphasis as he marched out into the night, his destination the Industrial District. -End of Chapter One-

GameGal’s Random Writing’s! by GameGal
Welcome to the Funny Farm

What you see
Isn't what you get.

What you think you know
Isn't what you see.

To hear it from the youngest,
She'd say that things were good.

To hear it from the oldest,
A gruff, professional voice.

To hear it from the younger of the middle,
Well, you're listening to me.

To hear it from the older of the middle,
Loud, bickering, torment.

Nothing's ever as it seems
At first glance.

Take a look closer,
And you might just jump back.

Welcome to the Funny Farm,
Please come take me away, Haha.

Trees all around
Deers eat the flowers.

Birds are around,
But Dad shoots woodpeckers off the house.

My sister may be the basket weaver
Who twiddles her thumbs and toes,

But I'm the one who does the chores
When everyone's away.

So give some credit to the girl
Who goes through her own turmoil and pain

To the "pretty" girl in black,
Who works at the Funny Farm.

Please come take me away, hehe.
Please come take me away, haha.

Advice column by VivaAlecto
Need some help or advice on a problem you have and don’t know who to turn to? Just post your problem here or if you prefer you can send it by PM to VivaAlecto. She will post her response in the following issue of the Gazette or PM you back.

The story of the Fusion Fighters- A Fusionfall fan-fiction by razorfang
Hey guys! First thing I wanted to say before you read this story is that I'm sorry its been so long since I've posted a chapter. Its only because I have been very busy. Second is that there will probably be another long break after this one as well. I mean what can you do about life? Some things are more important. But I'm going to try and do these more often. Thanks.
Recap: Razor Fang, and his team The Fusion Fighters were on their way to City Station to find the group known as the Black Market, and see what they knew about a stolen power cell.
-Chapter six-
As the SCAMPER started to get closer to City Station Tower we started to slow down for the docking procedure. Granite, Special, Astro, and I all decided to check out some local shops to see if there were any links to the Black Market. "They'll be tough to find" I said, "Astro, you and Granite go to the East side of the City and start looking in the sub districts. Special, and I will take the West side with the high class residence. I wouldn't put the Black Market past having some high up buisness." Astro, and Granite nodded in agreement then got on their hoverboards and started to leave. "Oh by the way, Astro!" Astro turned around. "For some reasons he didn't want to share, Major has quit the team. I would have told you guys earlier on the SCAMPER when he sent me the message but I didn't want to concern you guys with it. But I guess I have to now." I could see the look of sadness on their faces. Major was one of their friends. "But, Astro I want you to be the new General of the team." Astro's face lit up at hearing this. "Really!" He exclaimed "Don't worry Razor! I won't let you or the team down." "I know Astro. I have faith in you." I reply. Then they leapt off the tower toward the east side of the city with Granite right behind him. "Alright Special, let’s go!" We both then leapt off the tower on the other side toward the West side of the city.

"I can't believe that I'm the new General!" Astro thought to himself. "I hope I can live up to the rank." The city lights flicked by as they were riding down the road. A couple of times they had to stop and ask directions since they haven't gone to this side of the city to often. It was close to Mojo's Volcano so a lot of bad guys hang out around here, including his monkey minions who had just gotten off their day shift from working at the volcano and were having a night on the town. "Hey, Astro. I think we should start walking now." Granite said. "Why? It will be much faster if we continue to ride." Granite then says " Yes, but this is a bad neighborhood. We may get jumped and have to defend ourselves. If that happens then word will spread about our fight and the Black Market might hide and we would lose our lead on them." Astro thought about this. It would be bad for him having his first act as General to lose their lead on the Black Martket. "Alright Granite good idea. We may also want to buy some clothes. Walking around with our armor on probably isn't a good idea either."

The high estates of West City Station were as intimidating as always. The richest people in the Downtown area lived in this part of the city. Most of these people are just taking advantage of the fusion war. They are mostly criminals stealing things and selling them in the East district then giving a part of the money to the war cause to keep themselves out of trouble. "I don't know what I hate more. A criminal, or a criminal who gets away with it." I said aloud. "I know what you mean. But we still need to find the B.M." Special replied "Also we're wearing dirty battle armor in the middle of the highest district in the city. We're going to be noticed." I had to think about this for a second. "Well we can buy some clothes that’s no big deal." Special then grabbed my hand and led me toward a shopping mall. Special was born into one of the richest families in the city, but she craved the life of a warrior so she ran way, she must still know these shops pretty well. Even the leader of the Fusion Fighters must succumb to the horrible task of waiting outside the changing room of a woman. "Hey, Razor?" came Special's voice from the other side of the door "Do I have permission to take my mask off?" As a Fusion Fighter she is suppose to wear a mask at all times. Like me she wears a blindfold. Most of the Fusion Fighters have trained their minds so well that we don't need to see to fight. We can sense everything around us. "Yes go ahead" I replied. It was still another thirty minutes before she finally stepped out of the room in a lavish, red, dress with matching hills. The kind that can turn into shoes with the push of a button on the side of them. "So how do I look?" I was at a loss for words. "Uh, you look, great. Beautiful." I said forcing myself to keep a cool expression. "Aw thanks. Now let’s work on your appearance." I tried to argue "But I already have some clothes" I said holding up a T-shirt and blue jeans. "Are you kidding me?" she said. "What?" She shook her head slowly. "We're in the rich district. You'll stick out as if you were still wearing your armor. Here I'll go find you something." She disappeared and came back about half an hour later with a set of clothes. "Here I thought these would be good for you." She picked out a black button up shirt with a leather jacket to go over it, and decided to keep the jeans. I protested but she insisted this was what rich teens wear. I felt ridiculous with these clothes on. "Now just take this off and it'll be complete" She reached for my mask and I grabbed her wrist "The mask stays." I released her hand and took my nanocom out of my pocket. We had spent almost two hours in this store. That was way more time then I wanted to waist. I wasn't about to use my Morbucks vault card to charge these clothes on because the B.M. probably keeps tabs on all the money going in and out of this city. I deposited the money from my nanocom into my hand. "Will this be enough?" I had no idea what these clothes cost so I took an estimate. "Well this dress was pretty expensive..." I took out a couple more hundred taros. At least this stuff wasn't as expensive as armor. We stored our armor in our nanocoms and I put my sword in as well. "Can we leave now? I don't like being here." Special just smiled "Oh lighten up. With these clothes we'll fit in perfectly so there is no need to hurry. We can just walk around and look for clues now." She grabbed my arm and pulled me out the door. I had the slight feeling we were getting off track.......

"Astro with all due respect, you're an idiot." Granite said to the General. "What do you mean?" Astro replied. "Dude, you're wearing a freaken trench coat and an Indiana Jones looking hat. You're basically screaming 'Hey I'm a person to suspect'." "Well you're not dressed any better!" Astro retorted. Granite puffed "I'm wearing a T-shirt, Hoodie, and Jeans. You'll totally be found out before me. "Wanna put Taros on that" Astro challenged. "Dude that is so unprofessional." Granite said as he was laying out bills. (I'll go ahead and skip this since these two are just being idiots in this scene. This whole bet thing goes on for a little while longer). As the two continued down the street Astro was in deep thought. Where should we look first? Who should we find first? "Hey, Granite. You know this area better than me. Where do you think we should go first?" Took him a minute of thinking but he finally replied "Well I would say the district market, or an old tavern. I have a few connections we can look up. First is a guy named Zion. He probably knows these streets better than anyone. Then there is this guy I know who owns a tavern a little ways down here. He owes me a few favors." Things just seemed to turn around, Astro thought. "Well then lets find this guy Zion. What’s his last name?" "Wolfstar" He replied. It was about a hour before they appeared on Zion's doorstep. Granite tried knocking like ten times so we eventually allowed ourselves in. The place was a mess when we got in. It looked like signs of a struggle. And we eventually found a body.
"Oh my god. This is Zion" Granite said. "We better calls the cops." Astro said. After the call was made we started to leave when someone busted through the window and tackled Granite. "Whoa!" Astro screamed. Granite and the stranger were rolling around on the ground but eventually his superior combat skills gave him the upper hand and he was laying over top of the person pinning their arms down. "What do you want? Who are you dud?." He ripped the hat off covering their face. It turned out to be a woman. Granite just stared. "I mean, girl." She fought to get out of his grip but was stuck. "You killed my friend. I walked by and saw you standing over his body." "We didn't kill him. He was my friend too. I was coming to ask him something and we found him like this." She seemed puzzled for a minute. "How do I know I can trust you?" Granite laughed and got up. "I would have killed you if you couldn't trust me. So what’s your name?" Granite offered his hand to her and she took it getting up. "Zora" She said "Zora Cometburner." "I'm Granite Plutodancer. And this is Astro Atypicalabyss." He said introducing Astro. "Well if you didn't kill Zion then who did?" "We don't know. But we'll help you find out who." Astro placed a hand on Granite's shoulder "Hey, don't go making promises you can't keep. We have work to do." "Oh right" Granite said kind of disappointed. Zora looked at them both questioningly "What kind of work? Who are you guys?" Astro and Granite exchanged looks. "Oh come on. What’s the harm in telling her?" Granite said. "Alright" said Astro. "We're members of the Fusion Fighters. I'm the General and Granite here is a warrior." "Senior warrior" Granite corrected him. Zora's eyes lit up "I've heard of you guys! There was a battle out in the Wilds not too long ago and that name came up. The Fusion Fighters. Would you guys mind if I came with you?" Granite looked excited "Yea! That sounds cool." "Whoa wait. I'd have to confirm that with Razor first. And I'm not about to call him and blow his cover if he is somewhere important." "Oh come on. Do you really think Razor is going to care for a new recruit?" Well that was convincing Astro thought. "Alright fine. Zora do you have any combat experience?" Zora laughed "Are you kidding? I grew up in this place. Between Fuse's monsters and random thugs I'm a street warrior. I may not be as experienced as you guys but I can fight." She didn't have any armor. But then again we weren't wearing any right now either. "Well let’s get going then. Zora, do you know anyone who may be linked to the Black Market?"

Special spent most of the day pulling me around from shop to shop. It was kind of nice just to hang out but then I also knew we had a job to do. As much as I would like to just have fun we had to find were that power cell came from. We were walking down the street and I finally decided to say something about it. "Special we need to stop messing around. We have a job to do."Special looked hurt "So that what you think this is. Messing around?" I felt like I just said something wrong. "I just mean that we have something important to do. And it needs to be done." Special was about to reply when we heard a scream coming from around the street corner. We ran toward the sound. A Vile Cabinet was attacking a group of people. Usually the monsters were kept at bay by S.A.C.T agents. This one must have spawned outside of the containment area. I pulled out my nanocom and summoned my Samurai Jack nano. "Jack you go in and distract him. I'll attack from behind." I summoned my sword and ran around the monster. It was focused on my Jack nano so it was a simple move to slice it in half and watch it dissolve. Everyone was running around frantic so it was also easy to dissolve into the crowed and hide. I made my way back to Special. "Very nice." She said. "Thanks." I put my sword back up and returned Jack to the nanocom. "Hey!" A shout comes from across the street. I dude and his gang came walking toward us. Oh great I thought, here comes trouble. "I saw what you did. Who do you think you are some kind of hero?" I could sense he had a smug look on his face. The kind I like to knock off people's faces. Him being a civilian I couldn't do anything until he started it. I had a feeling he was about to. Then he seemed to lose interest in me when he saw Special. "Well hello there" He took her hand and kissed it. She smiled politely. "What is a pretty lady like you doing with a hero wanna be like this?" That is what set me off. "You need to leave." He just laughed. "Do you not know who I am? I'm Wolf Skyblade. I run these parts. So why don't you just beat it and leave the lady with me?" Then he pushed me. Big mistake. "And what’s with this stupid Blindfold. Think you're cool?" He raised his hand to grab my mask and I grabbed his wrist. "I don't want to hurt you. Leave now and you'll have your dignity, and ribs intact." He then tried to push me again so I knocked his hands up and did a knee thrust right into his chest. He fell back and his friends ran. "Hey. That was a little over doing it. You could have seriously hurt him." Special said looking at the unconscious man. "I didn't like the way he talked." I said wishing she would drop it and just let us continue walking. "The way he talked to you, or me?" She said calmly. I had better choose my words carefully here I thought "I would react the same way if someone was talking a way I didn't like to any of my warriors." That didn't seem to make things better cuz she just muttered something under her breath but I'm pretty sure it was "So I'm just another warrior to you." I looked around and noticed a coffee shop. "Hey, let’s go in here. We'll get something to drink, relax, and call Astro to see how he is doing. Alright?" She agreed so we went in a found a table.

As the group of three walked down the streets of the East district Astro started to get annoyed. Since Zora joined us, she and Granite walked together behind Astro. And every once in awhile he would hear them laugh. "Well I'm glad they're having a good time" thought Astro "Not like we have an important job to do or anything." They stopped at a diner to get some dinner when Razor called on the nanocom. "Hey, Razor what’s up?" Razor's voice came through the nanocom "Me and Special got some new clothes so we could blend in with these rich guys. Other than a Vile Cabinet attacking some people we haven't really made much progress. What about you guys?" We filled him in about what happened at Zion's apartment. "Well welcome to the team Zora. Granite can be your mentor until you reach warrior rank." Granite then took the nanocom "Hey why is Special being so quiet?" Razor was silent for a second then Special spoke up "Oh sorry. I was just letting you guys talk. Hi Zora, welcome to the team." Zora thanked her and Astro told Razor that they were going to go to some old taverns to see if they had any info about the B.M while Razor and Special go to the mob boss estates and see what link they have to the Black Market. "Alright guys lets go" Says Astro as he left some Taros for the bill.

Here ends Chapter 6

GKND Sign-up by TurqoiseAngel
The GKND is still up and going, but we would like some more members to join us to do fun things in Fusion Fall. We explore areas, go on missions, and make friends in our group. To Sign up, just leave your IGN, your level and what numbuh you’d like to be. Check the last page to see if the numbuh you want is still available. Here’s the link to our thread: http://greenmaw.com/forums/thread.php?threadID=33&page=5
We also have a separate website:
http://dimondstar.webs.com/

Riddles: Last week’s riddle was answered correctly by Mega Swiftwaters, SilverKid, and razorfang!
This week’s riddle: In a house there was a murder scene. The police asked the neighbor of the person who died, "Do you know who killed this person?” The neighbor said, "No. While I was outside I saw a frost on the window. I wiped it, then I saw a person lying dead.” After that the police arrested the neighbor. Why did they arrest the neighbor?

Question of the week by the Darklands Gazette team
Q of the week: What character do you want as a nano next?

Which of the newly added nanos do you like best? By TurqoiseAngel
Rigby-2
Gumball-3
Zak Saturday-10
Chowder-5
Symbionic Titan-10
AmpFibian (unstable nano)-3

Thank you for reading this week’s issue of the Darklands Gazette!! The Forum name of whoever got it right first in all four websites will be posted next week.
Any questions and comments can be left here, you can reach us at our website, or you can PM us here. Thank You! Website link: http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/

The 80th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Gazetteslogo
Back to top Go down
http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/
T.O.M 4
T.O.M
T.O.M
T.O.M 4

IGN : Razor Fang

PostSubject: Re: The 80th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 80th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:38 am

Riddle: You can only wipe frost off a window from the inside.
Back to top Go down
https://theabsolution.forumotion.com
TurqoiseAngel
D.G Owner
D.G Owner
TurqoiseAngel

IGN : Zoey Sparklebird

PostSubject: Re: The 80th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 80th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:53 pm

Right! Locking, next issue will be up soon.
Back to top Go down
http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 80th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 80th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1