The Absolution
Welcome to the Absolution. Remember to follow the rules, and try not to get in the way of any of the droids working on the ship. Thanks!
The Absolution
Welcome to the Absolution. Remember to follow the rules, and try not to get in the way of any of the droids working on the ship. Thanks!
The Absolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome aboard the Absolution

HomeHome  Toonami BroadcastToonami Broadcast  Latest imagesLatest images  Chat RoomChat Room  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 81st issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TurqoiseAngel
D.G Owner
D.G Owner
TurqoiseAngel

IGN : Zoey Sparklebird

The 81st issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Empty
PostSubject: The 81st issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 81st issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:10 pm

The Darklands Gazette. The Darklands just got a lot darker, and is becoming bigger.
Welcome to our 81st issue! We hope you enjoy this issue just like the last issues we’ve had. We have many great things for this week as we always do and we would like to thank all our readers for their support. - The Darklands Gazette news team

The 81st issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Fansiteedition

Our planet Earth by the Darklands Gazette staff
Have any good ideas on how to help the environment that hasn’t been mentioned before? We’d love to hear it! Just post it here or PM it to us.

Art Spotlight sign-ups by TurqoiseAngel
Hello everyone, we have a new spotlight category now, for art. There are probably many of you that would like to see your art featured in the Gazette. All you have to do is send me a PM that has direct links to your art or post the links on this thread and it will be posted in one of the Gazette’s weekly issues. Note that it must be appropriate and the art must have been created by you.

Item Spotlight By Ash Sharpshoot
8/14/11
Do you consider nanos items? No? Well too bad. This week's Item Spotlight goes out to our very hardworking Rocket Nanos! Dexter, Mac, and the Professor helped us soar through the air for 2 years! Now with Jake, Gumball, and Titan here, they're finally catching a break. We salute you Rocket nanos!

Writer’s Spotlight By TurqoiseAngel
I’ve decided to feature chapters from another story by Alice Freeangel, Cyber Paradise. Enjoy!
-Chapter Two-
The warehouses weaved together, lines stretching as far as the docks. The moon loomed high above as Travis maneuvered through the streets, eyeing each number as he moved. Marty and the disappearance of the 300,000 people had something to do with that place and Warehouse 1312 was the first place Travis needed to look to find clues.

That is, if he could find Warehouse 1312…

The clever teen had pulled up a detailed map of the warehouses on his phone, trying desperately to locate this place while moving forward. However, there was no warehouse there above the number 1000. Travis’s heart began to sink at the thought of a dead end so early in his search, but he shook it off. The boy was determined to continue forward; if the police weren’t able to find a trail then it wouldn’t be that easy for him either. And even if it was going to be hard, he wasn’t going to give up; Travis was going to find Marty and bring him home.

The streets seemed to go on forever as the teen continued to walk, making it to the ends of the pier without any luck. A tear threatened to escape but Travis wiped it away, refusing to admit defeat.

“What am I missing here, Marty? What am I supposed to be looking for? Where is this Warehouse 1312?”

He continued to ponder as he looked out at the marina, the boats rising with the calming waves of the water. Travis could feel his tired eyes beginning to shut but he quickly shook away his tiredness, noticing something strange out at the marina.

A small boathouse rested just outside the marina, labeled ‘Doxie’s Paradise’. A strange name for a boathouse but what was even stranger was the boat inside there. A small fisherman’s boat sat within the waters of the house, it not rising at all with each wave that passed under its hull. Travis’s icy orbs widened as he took off towards the boathouse, maneuvering over the gates and stopping at its entrance.

He could make out the boat’s name in the moonlight and he gasped, racing inside to continue his pursuit. Warehouse 1312, he had found where his brother had run to that night.

“Ok, now to get to business, how would 300,000 people disappear from this one boat?” Travis mumbled to himself as he climbed up the platform and onto the boat’s deck, drawn in by how the boat did not move with the water. It remained stationary like the docks, causing the boy’s curiosity to grow. “This is strange…”

The drone of a tug boat reached Travis’s ears and he panicked, quickly diving himself out of sight and down into the cabin of the boat. Stumbling down the steps into the darkness, Travis managed to feel out a light switch. He flipped it on to find the only source of light was a single, dim light bulb hovering above in the middle of the single room down below the deck of the ship. There was no sign of anyone aboard the ship which was reassuring for him at that moment; he needed to have time to search for the clues and if no one was around, he would be safe to commence his thorough walkthrough.

Each step was carefully prepared, the boy managing as little noise as possible as he advanced. His auburn curls occasionally fell in the way of his blue eyes scanning every inch of the room; however there was little trouble for Travis in the end. The room was rather dull, furnished only with a small kitchen nook and a futon. There were flowered ornaments and decorations scattered throughout the room, an obvious feminine touch to the otherwise masculine atmosphere. Travis couldn’t find a single trace of a clue that would point him in the direction of his brother, though he kept his hopes high.

“If I give up, I would just be doing a disservice to my brother and my family,” Travis reminded himself as he noticed a door beside a shelf littered with dusty, leather-bound novels that were so worn that the boy couldn’t read what they were. “This place confuses me…it feels like no one’s been in here for months from the amount of dust in the air. But someone’s gotta be here…this place is definitely the Warehouse 1312 the flyer mentioned…it’s involved with the disappearances. What did the flyer say again?”

Travis reached for the piece of parchment crumpled up in his pocket, unraveling it to read the message once again. It seemed there was some sort of beta test for the ‘newest gaming experience’ that night in Warehouse 1312. But it was just a normal boat left alone in a marina, how in the world could it house a new gaming beta when I could barely fit more than a few people by the look of it.

“This flyer…I feel like I’m being duped,” Travis began to step back towards the stairwell when he noticed a large curtain over on one of the walls. A dark shade of maroon and completely out of place it seemed, Travis moved back and examined the curtain before ripping it open with a snatch of the threads. There was a door, resting and waiting for someone to enter it. “Now we’re getting somewhere…”

The boy reached for the silver handle and turned the knob, slowly pushing the door open to gaze into the darkened room on the other side. From the limited amount of light from the other room, Travis could make out the bare walls and dust-covered floors of the small room on the other side of the door. A strange latched door rested itself in the middle of the floor, a soft hum reverberating off its steel as Travis took a cautious step forward. This was definitely moving him in the right direction of Marty.

“Hang on Bro,” Travis whispered as he reached forward, gripping onto the gears of the door tightly and beginning to maneuver them into opening up the door. The door slowly budged as Travis groaned, putting all of his strength into twisted the gears. His knuckles were white as his grip tightened on them even more until the latch on the door finally rose and swung up to open up what laid down below. “Huh?”

Travis gawked down into the dark tunnel he had found himself at the top of, a trail of steps heading downward into the confines of whatever awaited in that darkness. His heartbeat began to race as he gripped tightly to his cell phone, using it as his only glimmer of light as he prepared to climb down into the tunnel.

“Here goes nothing,” Travis grumbled, maneuvering his body into the tunnel and descending down the steps carefully. His cell phone stayed bright and true as Travis continued downward, the tunnel never changing for nearly five minutes of climbing downwards. There was no doubt about it that the boat itself was no longer where Travis was located but somewhere deep down below the marina. “I guess this explains why the police weren’t able to find any clues as to where everyone could have gone. There’s this tunnel that has the front of a normal boat waiting in the marina. Pretty genius, I must admit. But why is all of this going on? Bro, what have you gotten yourself into?”

Travis could finally make out tile floor at the bottom of the tunnel and smiled triumphantly, sliding off the final step and landing safely on solid ground. The phone’s screen was only bright enough to light up the area directly around Travis, yet he could immediately tell that the area he was in resembled a large warehouse covered in dusty cement. The room itself seemed empty save for a few computers lining the outer perimeters of the room.

“Those can’t be the games they were aiming for beta testing,” Travis grumbled as he took a step towards one of the computers, pausing suddenly as someone on the floor caught his eye. A small lug nut rested on the dust-covered tiles, glimmering slightly in the cell phone’s light. The boy knelt down and plucked it from the ground, noticing a strange pattern in the tile. It seemed that there were slits in the ground in the shape of a large, cylindrical shape. Though covered with the tiled floor, there was an obvious hole lurking below where some sort of machine rested at one point or another. “Interesting…”

Travis lifted himself back onto his feet and took a few steps to his side, finding another cylindrical shape also slit into the floor just a mere three feet from the slit he had just discovered. His blue orbs grew wide as he began to quicken his pace, dashing deeper into the room and glancing downward at the floor. The entire room was filled with these large, cylindrical slits on the floor, eventually counting out to being 100 holes in the floor.

“We’ve certainly gotten somewhere now,” Travis breathed as he stumbled backwards, reaching for a solid wall to lean against. Instead, he fell back completely through a door and onto the hard ground below. The teen growled in pain as he reached for his back, lingering on the floor for a few moments before he finally composed himself enough to pick himself up from the ground and search the newest room.

The new room was much smaller than the warehouse floor he had just left, a single large computer screen taking up most of the front wall while a large cylindrical object rested in the middle of the floor. Travis was cautious as he approached the machine, shining his cell phone’s light into the glass casing of the domed cylinder. Within the confines of the cylinder were several different computer screens surrounding a single, full-body chair in the center. A strange helmet rested at the headrest of the chair, reminding Travis of those virtual reality games he used to play at the arcades when he was little.

“I guess this is the game they were talking about?” Travis glanced over at the gigantic computer on the wall across from the cylinder, noticing it was still online when he had entered the room. So there was still activity in this place? “Anybody here, I followed the path down into this place. Marty, are you here?”

A sudden, computerized voice rose up from the computer across from the teen, Travis almost leaping out of his skin as it screeched into the silence.

“Directive?” The computer asked, the screen flashing before revealing a strange illustration of a small girl holding tightly to a key.

“Directive?” Travis repeated after composing himself once more, glaring at the screen in confusion. “What does it mean by that?”

“Directive?” The computer repeated, the illustration remaining on the screen as it waited for Travis’s answer.

“This place is just getting creepier by the second,” Travis mumbled as he moved closer to the screen, debating what he should answer. “I’m looking for my brother. He was here to play a game.”

“Directive…Brother…Game…” The voice rung from the computer, the illustration of the girl beginning to dance as the computer paused. “Please wait…Computing Directive…”

“Great…” Travis got out as he watched the girl on the screen dance about the screen, all the while holding tightly to her key. She somewhat reminded him of how Lo was when she was smaller. She was such a ball of energy and happiness when they were children, but as time carried on she became reclusive and hid her feeling from all who were around her. “Don’t worry; Lo…I’ve finally gotten somewhere. I’m going to bring our brother back, don’t you worry.”

“Directive has been analyzed,” the computer broke through the teen’s thoughts as he glanced up in time for a scanner to lower from the ceiling, scanning over Travis’s body without warning. The teen cursed as he took a step back, unsure of what to make of this encounter. “Welcome to Doxie’s Paradise, Travis Ellington. You have become a part of a one-in-a-lifetime experience. Please enter the terminal and await further instruction.”

“Wait, what’s going on?” Travis questioned as he glared at the computer, expecting it to just answer his many questions as if it were human. “I don’t care about this Doxie’s Paradise and being welcome! I want to find my brother! Do you know where he is? Marty Ellington! His name is Marty Ellington!”

“Marty Ellington; player 003 of Doxie’s Paradise,” the computer chimed in, Travis’s blue eyes growing wide once more as he let those words sink in. “Marty Ellington is currently unavailable. Please enter the terminal and await further instruction.”

“Wait, what do you mean he’s unavailable?” Travis shouted back, not moving from his spot. “Stupid computer! You tell me where my brother is! Tell me now!”

“Marty Ellington; player 003 of Doxie’s Paradise,” the computer repeated. “Marty Ellington has entered the game and is therefore unavailable at this time. Please enter the terminal and await further instruction.”

“No I will not enter the stupid terminal! I want answers and I want them no…!”

“I believe she said to enter the terminal boy,” a male’s voice croaked from the shadows of the room as the floor suddenly began to move backwards like a treadmill, Travis’s body unable to escape as he stumbled backwards towards the cylinder. The glass casing opened up and the teen fell back into the chair, his cries being muted as the helmet lowered over his eyes and encasing Travis in complete darkness. “So you’re Marty’s brother? Heh, then I’m sure you’ll enjoy Doxie’s Paradise. Until the next time we meet, adieu Travis Ellington.”

Travis tried to kick and scream to escape the confines he now found himself in, though his cries for help would go unnoticed. The teen could feel hard bondages wrapping around his body to hold him in place in the seat, as well as something pricking at the back of his neck. The last thing Travis could remember was the sound of the glass casing closing him into the terminal and the same computer voice lulling him into slumber.

“We hope you enjoy your stay here at Doxie’s Paradise, Travis Ellington. Prepare yourself for a world beyond your wildest dreams.”
-End of Chapter Two-

Advice column by VivaAlecto
Need some help or advice on a problem you have and don’t know who to turn to? Just post your problem here or if you prefer you can send it by PM to VivaAlecto. She will post her response in the following issue of the Gazette or PM you back.

The story of the Fusion Fighters- A Fusionfall fan-fiction by razorfang
Stayed tuned for the seventh chapter of this fan-fic!

GKND Sign-up by TurqoiseAngel
The GKND is still up and going, but we would like some more members to join us to do fun things in Fusion Fall. We explore areas, go on missions, and make friends in our group. To Sign up, just leave your IGN, your level and what numbuh you’d like to be. Check the last page to see if the numbuh you want is still available. Here’s the link to our thread: http://greenmaw.com/forums/thread.php?threadID=33&page=5
We also have a separate website:
http://dimondstar.webs.com/

Riddles: Last week’s riddle was answered correctly by Skillet, SilverKid, and razorfang!
This week’s riddle: 1, 11, 21, 1211, 111221...What comes next?

Question of the week by the Darklands Gazette team
Q of the week: Which NPC do you wish were your guide?

What is your favorite type of accessory? By TurqoiseAngel
Backpack items-10
Face items-7
Head items-6

Thank you for reading this week’s issue of the Darklands Gazette!! The Forum name of whoever got it right first in all four websites will be posted next week.
Any questions and comments can be left here, you can reach us at our website, or you can PM us here. Thank You! Website link: http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/

The 81st issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Gazetteslogo

EDIT: Locking, the next issue will be posted soon.
Back to top Go down
http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/

Page 1 of 1