The Absolution
Welcome to the Absolution. Remember to follow the rules, and try not to get in the way of any of the droids working on the ship. Thanks!
The Absolution
Welcome to the Absolution. Remember to follow the rules, and try not to get in the way of any of the droids working on the ship. Thanks!
The Absolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome aboard the Absolution

HomeHome  Toonami BroadcastToonami Broadcast  Latest imagesLatest images  Chat RoomChat Room  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 82nd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TurqoiseAngel
D.G Owner
D.G Owner
TurqoiseAngel

IGN : Zoey Sparklebird

The 82nd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Empty
PostSubject: The 82nd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 82nd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:33 pm

The Darklands Gazette. The Darklands just got a lot darker, and is becoming bigger.
Welcome to our 82nd issue! We hope you enjoy this issue just like the last issues we’ve had. We have many great things for this week as we always do and we would like to thank all our readers for their support. - The Darklands Gazette news team

The 82nd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Fansiteedition

Our planet Earth by the Darklands Gazette staff
Have any good ideas on how to help the environment that hasn’t been mentioned before? We’d love to hear it! Just post it here or PM it to us.

Art Spotlight sign-ups by TurqoiseAngel
Hello everyone, we have a new spotlight category now, for art. There are probably many of you that would like to see your art featured in the Gazette. All you have to do is send me a PM that has direct links to your art or post the links on this thread and it will be posted in one of the Gazette’s weekly issues. Note that it must be appropriate and the art must have been created by you.

Item Spotlight By Ash Sharpshoot
8/21/11
You wanna look androgynous? I've got just the thing! This week's Item Spotlight is the Him Mask! Who wouldn't want to look as...androgynous as Him?

Writer’s Spotlight By TurquoiseAngel
I’ve decided to feature chapters from another story by Alice Freeangel, Cyber Paradise. Enjoy!
-Chapter Three-
The rays of light were warm on his skin as Travis slowly pulled himself out of his darkness, reaching for his state of consciousness. As he came closer to the light, sounds of various people echoed in his ear as if he were caked into a busy train station. But from what he remembered, he was in an abandoned underwater warehouse in some type of super computer…Was everything just a dream? Warehouse 1312; the Game; the flyer in his grandfather’s book; Even now…were these sounds all just a dream?

“You know, it’s wise to not lounge about in the middle of the terminal.”

The soft chime of the voice was the final pull into the light for Travis, his icy blue orbs fluttering open to gaze up into wide silvery ones. The stout teen groaned as a wave of nausea came over his whole body, Travis pleased to at least be sprawled out on the floor already so as he did not come crashing downward. He closed his eyes and took in a few deep breaths, raising his arm over face to block out any traces of the light around him.

“Seems your trip through the Gateway has taken some toll on your body; don’t be alarmed however, for these feelings are normal for all first-time travelers of the Gateway. After a few moments, the nausea will pass.”

“What the coco are you talking about anyway?” Travis droned, his breaths slowly returning to normal while his world paused in its spinning. “Where am I? Who are you? What are you talking about? I want answers!”

“Slow down there or you’ll work yourself up again,” the voice said as Travis felt a light pressure on his shoulder, the touch of someone’s hand recognizable to his senses. “Now take a deep breath and let me help you up. You’ll probably be experiencing some difficulties in movement from your travel. I’ll help you as much as I can though.”

Though hundreds of questions swam through Travis’s thoughts, he did as the voice said and let whoever this strange being was help him to his feet. Another wave of dizziness flooded his body as he began to stumble in place, his legs numbing as he stood. The hand was still holding strong to the teen’s shoulder, keeping him steady as he began to open his eyes once more. The sights that met him though sent him practically in to shock.

The best way for Travis to describe the place was that of a train station, like he had imagined himself being in when he was still pulling himself out of the darkness. There were a variety of beings within the terminal making their ways towards large silvery gates scattered about. However, these beings weren’t normal people from first glance. Skin tones ranged from pearly white to a midnight blue; humans meshed into crowds of demons, creatures and elves. Even the women standing at the desks were strange; each one manned by the same blond with a friendly smile and pointed ears covered slightly by a headset. There were so many copies of the same woman that there was no way it could have been a coincidence.

“What’s going on?!” Travis exclaimed, gawking at the occupants of the terminal with fearful eyes. “Where am I? What is this place? I have to be dreaming!”

“A state of dreams? No Travis Ellington, this is currently reality,” the voice spoke from beside Travis once more, the stout teen finally turning his attention to the one holding him up. The girl seemed slightly younger than him; her tan skin contrasted with her silvery eyes and hair. Her locks were braided past her pointed ears down past the small of her back, a large brass key attached to the end of the braid. “I am quite surprised however, Travis Ellington. Usually those who cross over for the first time change in appearance due to their wants. You seem to have retained your original figure and name. I am quite impressed; seems you are very happy with yourself to not inwardly wish for something better.”

“Who…who are you?”

“Still with the questions?” The girl retorted with a soft smile, her hand still lingering on his shoulder as she nodded. “I suppose you deserve some answers being as your memories had not been altered before arrival. Your presence was not expected and therefore none were able to prepare for your steps into this place.”

“Enough with the fancy speech and just tell me what I want to know!” Travis shouted as the crowds switched their attention over to the stout teen, his outburst receiving a frown from the silver-haired girl. “I just want answers…you say I’m not dreaming but there’s no way in coco I’m not!”

“Answers you want and answers I will provide,” the girl said as she glanced around the terminal before leading Travis through the crowds to one of the desks manned by the blond clones. “However, I cannot give you answers out in the open. Madeline, please open up a path for me and our guest to speak in.”

The blonde’s smile faded at the mention of a new path, her pale blue eyes locked onto Travis as there was a pause. Madeline began to type away at the computer on her desk, a silver gate suddenly appearing behind her while her smile returned.

“I have granted you access to Gate 39. Please be mindful of your step and have a pleasant time,” said the blond.

“Thank you, Madeline. Follow me, Travis Ellington,” the silver-haired girl glided past the desk and into the silver gate, disappearing from sight leaving the stout teen alone there with the blond.

“Please step forward into Gate 39 sir,” Madeline said, her pale eyes locked on Travis once more. “I will have to call for assistance if you cannot make it yourself.”

“She just…she just vanished through there,” Travis stuttered, his finger shaking as he pointed it towards the gate. “What’s going on?!”

“Sir, you must enter Gate 39 now,” Madeline gave a slight nod as someone behind Travis pushed him forward, the teen stumbling through the gate and disappearing from the terminal. “Have a pleasant time, sir.”

*~*~*~*~*

Though once in a crowded terminal, Travis fell face-first into a shadowed, cobblestone street across from the silver-haired girl from before. Her shimmering eyes rested on the teen’s sprawled out form and sighed before stepping to his side and helping him up onto his feet.

“I apologize; I should have aided you in the entrance of Gate 39. It is one of our more temperamental gateways here,” the girl said with a sad smile. “Travis Ellington; you seem to have stumbled into a world beyond your wildest dreams.”

“I can see that,” Travis grumbled as he glanced around the dark, decrepit area around them. “First, tell me your name and where the coco I am.”

“My name is Key,” the girl said simply. “And this place is Doxie’s Paradise.”

“Doxie’s Paradise? That was the name of the boathouse out at the marina,” Travis said before staring at the stone walls hovering above him, the barriers stretching towards the dismal sky above. “This place here is Doxie’s Paradise? Doesn’t look like a paradise at all…”

“No, this is Gate 39: The Alleys of Duplin. This area is currently closed off to access unless granted that access from one of the gatekeepers, such as Madeline,” Key explained. “This entire world is Doxie’s Paradise…though all the players here call it Doxie.”

“Players?” Travis repeated, a small gasp escaping his lips. “I get it! I’m in the game! It’s like some virtual reality thing isn’t it?”

“Game? Well, I suppose you can call it a game,” Key mumbled, her silver eyes glancing away from Travis as she spoke. “Look, I am unable to give away more than what I’ll share with you now. Travis Ellington, you have been given an once-in-a-lifetime chance to experience a world beyond your wildest dreams; Doxie’s Paradise.”

“I already heard this,” Travis began but was silenced by the girl across from him.

“You are special in comparison to previous players being accepted into this world. For example, you are aware of where you come from and how you had stumbled into this place,” Key continued. “You remember your life outside of Doxie’s. You have retained your original form and name here. You are not being protected by an alias because you do not wish to be. All other players have lost their memories to the mastermind and have been granted new lives to fit their characters they wished to become.”

The stout teen kept his icy blue eyes firm on Key as she spoke, her words echoing in his mind as he tried to understand what she was saying. This place called Doxie’s Paradise was some virtual reality world that previous players had stumbled into and lost all memories of their lives outside of Doxie. All they knew was what was instilled in their minds but the higher-ups, which most likely included the blond clones. All previous players had become characters that they had wished to become and had taken up memories to fit those characters. So it was like a game; only there was no longer a feeling of a barrier between this world and reality.

“So the 300,000 people that disappeared are in this place,” Travis concluded with a frown. “My brother was brought here by whoever led this thing up! Do you realize that these people have been missing for six months now?”

“Yes, I understand that,” Key nodded. “I understand that very well, Travis Ellington.”

“Stop using my full name already! It’s just Travis,” the teen snapped at the girl before pausing, his eyes wide as he stepped closer to her. “Wait, you said that players were wiped of their memories correct? How do you know all this then? Are you one of the higher-ups?”

“No, I’m special, like yourself,” Key stated with a smile before taking a step back. “I have already said too much to you, however, so I must leave you to find your own way to whatever it is that you’re looking for.”

“Wait, leave me?” Travis repeated, noticing a gate suddenly appear behind Key’s form. “Wait! You can’t just leave me here! I don’t think I understand anything yet! Why are we all here? How is this all happening? I have a million more questions that need answers! Please!”

“Sorry, Travis Elling…no, just Travis,” Key said, giving one last smile before stepping back and disappearing into the gate. The gate then vanished from sight, leaving Travis standing there along amongst the decrepit walls of Duplin.

“Wait…don’t go…” Travis whispered as he fell backwards, shocked to find a gate appearing behind him and leading him back to where he first appeared.

*~*~*~*~*

Madeline stood above Travis’s sprawled out body with a look of intrigue, holding out a hand to him and getting him to his feet.

“I hope you have had a pleasant time in Gate 39, sir,” Madeline said with a smile as she returned to her chair and nodded for Travis to move to the other side of the desk. “Now, I must check you into the system. You are Travis Ellington, correct?”

The stout teen could not muster up any form of speech to give the blond so he simply nodded and rested on the other side of the desk. The blond smiled at the nod and began to type away at her computer before glancing back up at Travis.

“You have been given access through a special account it seems. You have been gifted a new wardrobe and coin for starting out. You will need to pick an occupation in one of the main cities before branching out through the gateway system,” Madeline paused as she reached out her hand to the teen, handing him an identification card with his picture on it. “You will need this card for your future here in Doxie. If you ever lose your card, you are needed to report to the nearest terminal and find one of the gatekeepers to assist you.”

“So this card holds everything I need?” Travis questioned, the blond nodding in response. “Interesting…and how do I get to one of these main cities?”

“Rampten is right outside of this terminal,” Madeline said while motioning to a stairwell at the end of the hall. “You go up those stairs and you will exit into the streets of Rampten. There will be many areas within the city with information on where you need to go.”

“Great…and one last question before I leave here,” Travis paused before continuing. “I want to find a certain player that is here. Is there any way I could locate that player?”

“Why yes, there is sir,” Madeline smiled as she spoke. “There is a library of the players within Rampten that you can have access to with your special account.”

“Great, how do I get to this library?” Travis asked.

“I’m sorry, sir, but that question will have to be addressed to a helper within the city,” Madeline smiled before waving at the teen across from her. “I hope you enjoy your stay here in Doxie’s Paradise, Travis Ellington.”

Travis was about to argue with the blond but found that she was already signaling for another player to come to her desk. So, the stout teen frowned and stepped away from the desk and towards the stairs, preparing to enter the city of Rampten with hopes of one question being answered: Where was Marty? -End of Chapter Three-

FUSIONFALL HOROSCOPES by VivaAlecto
Remember... these are just for fun! Don't take any horoscope seriously unless the reading was made 100% for

you and only you!

Aries
March 21 - April 19

School is right around the corner if it hasn't started for you already! Use your energy you want to put into playing Fusion Fall into getting a headstart on your new year!

Taurus
April 20 - May 20

Give your tired nanos a break and challenge yourself to trekking your way through a higher level area by yourself!
You might die a lot but you'll have bragging rights when you manage to make it through!

Gemini
May 21 - June 20

Your friendships are doing amazingly right now. Go hang out with your friends in game while the happiness lasts before school separates you again.

Cancer
June 21 - July 22

You need to take a break for a bit and meditate for a while. There are plenty of quiet places in game you can go and wander in to unravel some of your thoughts.

Leo
July 23 - August 22

Be impulsive this week! You will be rewarded in game for it!

Virgo
August 23 - September 22

HOLD ON A SECOND! Before you jump into that mission... look at your surroundings first! (And maybe check out fusionportal.com for pointers!) You'll be glad you did!

Libra
September 23 - October 22

Your lucky day is a Friday! Try hopping in game on Friday and see what you can find!

Scorpio
October 23 - November 21

You are being led to Nowhere and underground... you ever notice that sunken castle? Hang around it a bit and see what you find.
Don't let the Puddle Queen drag you down, though!

Sagittarius
November 22 - December 21

Your lady friends will come in handy in game this week! As for your dude friends.. where ARE they?

Capricorn
December 22 - January 19

Oh boy! Your relationships with your friends lately seem on the rocks, eh? Relax! Take out those frustrations on some Vile Cabinets.

Aquarius
January 20 - February 18

This one new player in game is going to drive you bonkers and you can tell because they will not stop sending you requests! Resist the urge to help them and just RUN LIKE THE WIND!

Pisces
February 19 - March 20

Friday is your lucky day, too! Find that Libra and go skeedaddle in game and have some fun together!

Video Game News by KojiOzora
Call of Duty: Black Ops: Rezurrection

So I'm kinda excited about this map pack. The new map pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops called "Rezurrection" is all zombies! I'm a nut for the Nazi Zombies stuff in Call of Duty. This new map pack will give you the original maps from Call of Duty: World at War and a new map "Moon". People are saying that this may be the end of the zombies story line. What do you think? Just PM me your responses. I'll post the 2 trailers and the info. (Warning, these videos contain violence and gore, watch with care.)
Trailer 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e445VBrGMYo
Trailer 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1d_k9b3dac
Info/Website: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/03/call-of-duty-black-ops-resurrection-dlc-coming-this-quarter/

PS: For all you test subjects out there, Valve has announced a new DLC for Portal 2!
PSS: A little preview of the Adventure Time with Fionna and Cake episode has been released! LINK: http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/adventuretime/video/index.html

Advice column by VivaAlecto
Need some help or advice on a problem you have and don’t know who to turn to? Just post your problem here or if you prefer you can send it by PM to VivaAlecto. She will post her response in the following issue of the Gazette or PM you back.

The story of the Fusion Fighters- A Fusionfall fan-fiction by razorfang
Stayed tuned for the seventh chapter of this fan-fic!

GKND Sign-up by TurqoiseAngel
The GKND is still up and going, but we would like some more members to join us to do fun things in Fusion Fall. We explore areas, go on missions, and make friends in our group. To Sign up, just leave your IGN, your level and what numbuh you’d like to be. Check the last page to see if the numbuh you want is still available. Here’s the link to our thread: http://greenmaw.com/forums/thread.php?threadID=33&page=5
We also have a separate website:
http://dimondstar.webs.com/

Riddles: Last week’s riddle was answered correctly by Amp and Granite!
This week’s riddle: Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the Highest Mountain?

Question of the week by the Darklands Gazette team
Q of the week: What was your favorite nano mission?

Which of these nano abilities do you like the most? By TurqoiseAngel
Damage-3
Health-3
Sleep-0
Leech-2
Revive-0
Rocket-2
Run-1
Jump-1
Stun-2
Scavenge-2

Thank you for reading this week’s issue of the Darklands Gazette!! The Forum name of whoever got it right first in all four websites will be posted next week.
Any questions and comments can be left here, you can reach us at our website, or you can PM us here. Thank You! Website link: http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/

The 82nd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Gazetteslogo
Back to top Go down
http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/

Page 1 of 1