The Absolution
Welcome to the Absolution. Remember to follow the rules, and try not to get in the way of any of the droids working on the ship. Thanks!
The Absolution
Welcome to the Absolution. Remember to follow the rules, and try not to get in the way of any of the droids working on the ship. Thanks!
The Absolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome aboard the Absolution

HomeHome  Toonami BroadcastToonami Broadcast  Latest imagesLatest images  Chat RoomChat Room  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 97th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TurqoiseAngel
D.G Owner
D.G Owner
TurqoiseAngel

IGN : Zoey Sparklebird

The 97th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Empty
PostSubject: The 97th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 97th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:16 am

The Darklands Gazette. The Darklands just got a lot darker, and is becoming bigger.
Welcome to our 97th issue! We hope you enjoy this issue just like the last issues we’ve had. We have many great things for this week as we always do and we would like to thank all our readers for their support. - The Darklands Gazette news team

The 97th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Fansiteedition

Writer’s Spotlight by TurqoiseAngel
This week Sorrow, The Tale of a Red Hawk by Shadowsaiyian is being featured in the Gazette. This interesting story has two chapters so far, but is still being worked on, so there will be more chapters to read later on. Enjoy!
Ch. 1 the Dark Tragedy of Childhood
It was a sunny day in Zephyrus Village. Zane was a fun loving “go with the flow” kind of two year old. He loved to play soccer with his friends and was always fair and honest while playing. He was kind and gentle for a two year old. His parents were nice to him and loved him very much. Zane seemed to have a perfect life. In the blink of an eye, it all disappeared.
Vilgax was known as a galactic tyrant. He destroyed cities because he thought it was fun. He conquered many planets in his conquest to be a galactic ruler. He was one of the cruelest, sadistic people that this world had known. Vilgax was in a foul mood because of his defeat at the hands of the EVO known as Rex. He decided to pay Zephyrus Village a “visit”. He arrived to the village with his army, when the sun disappeared, making it a dark, rainy day. With evil in his eye, Vilgax ordered his army to destroy the village and they began their mission. Vilgax began searching for the one person that could stop him, Zane’s father Ryusei.
Ryusei was fighting off the machines that are Vilgax’s army when he suddenly heard someone.
“You fool; you will not stop me from taking the galaxy.”
“Vilgax, I will end your evil reign here and now!”
Ryusei took out his sword and charged at Vilgax. He slashed at the alien but missed and the alien kicked Ryusei. Vilgax threw exploding disks around Ryusei, which caused a cloud of smoke. Ryusei tried to sense Vilgax but the alien punched him before he could. Vilgax grabbed Ryusei and threw him to the ground. Ryusei countered though and stabbed Vilgax in the arm. The foe growled in pain and tried to kick Ryusei but he jumped and slashed his enemy.
Zane was playing in the fields with his mom when the invasion started. One of Vilgax’s subordinates he recruited, Albedo, confronted Zane and tried to kill him. Zane was kicked in the gut and then the head. Zane was knocked unconscious from those two blows. When he awoke he found his mother not moving. She had moved on to the next world. Zane was worried his father suffered the same fate, so he ran back to the village. As he was returning to the village, a red hawk was flying above Zane, following him. Zane returned to the village to find it completely destroyed. He was looking for his father, hoping he was still alive. Zane was able to find his father, but Ryusei was on one knee, with his left side of his face bleeding. Vilgax was still standing with injuries but not enough to keep him down. Zane was horrified by what he was seeing.
“Dad-dd-ddy?! What did he do to you?”
“Son? Run away from here…NOW!”
Vilgax began charging at Zane, looking to kill him. He was stopped when Ryusei ran in front of Zane and used his body as a shield. Vilgax pierced right through his lungs, mortally wounding Ryusei. Vilgax had both a look of anger and satisfaction.
“I didn’t get the kid but I got Ryusei. A job well done, if I say so myself.”
“Daddy! No not you too! Mommy died, I don’t want you to leave too!”
As Zane began crying, the red hawk landed on his head. Ryusei noticed the hawk and began to smile.
“Zane, my boy, I want you to know, your mother and I both love you and will continue to look after you in the great Zephyrus Village in the sky. That hawk will always be with you when you need us. I wish we can stay together, but I have to protect your mother now. I will always be with you.”
With those parting words, Ryusei fell to the ground, never to make a breath again. Zane began crying again and Vilgax just decided to leave, satisfied he finished off his target and wanted to make Zane suffer even more, not being able to join his family. Zane noticed the sword his father used and he took it from its resting place. With a determined flame in his eyes, Zane pointed the sword to the sky and made a promise.
“I swear on this blade, that I will make Vilgax disappear from this world!”
~~~~~Continue reading at: http://fusionmodhq.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=720

Cartoon Review by Professor Utonium
Each week I will be reviewing an episode of a cartoon, old and new!
This week's review is Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends-The Big Picture
Warning! Spoilers ahead! Read at your own risk!
This episode starts with Mr. Herriman telling all the friends that there will be a group photo at six pm, and everyone must attend! Madame Foster then exclaims how much she loves taking a picture every year, then goes to stand where the picture is being taken. Frankie is also there, but she is in a green dress and is extremely tired. She wonders why her grandma makes them stand at the end of stairs all day. Madame Foster tells her that waiting makes it last longer.
We then cut to Mr. Herriman, who is telling everyone where to stand. Camerari, the camera friend, runs up to Mr. Herriman telling him he knows how to take the picture, but still be in it. His attempt fails as he ends up taking a picture of the front door. The scene goes to Duchess, who is cutting everyone in line to find out where to stand. She gets to Eduardo, who is wearing a face mask to make his face look smooth. Duchess then drags him away to fix him up.
We then go to Wilt getting his spot to stand, in which Mr. Herriman give him the top row, which means his head will get cut off in the picture. We shoot over to the front door where Mac is walking in. Bloo runs up telling Mac it's picture day and that he is going to stick his fingers up behind some one's head, which fails when he tries to show Mac. Mr. Herriman hops up telling Bloo where to stand and telling Mac that he can be in the picture too. Mac begs Mr. Herriman to show him the old house photos, so Mr. Herriman shows him the book full of them, then hands it Mac and hops away.
We cut to Duchess who is trying to make Eduardo look as beautiful as she does, because she has to stand next to him in the picture. She then tells Eduardo that he looks almost as bad as Coco, who is standing in the doorway. Duchess exclaims that Coco's belly is huge, causing Coco to run away. Coco goes to stand on a scale, which goes haywire.
We then move back to Mac and Bloo in the basement. Mac is looking at the old pictures, while Bloo is complaining about being in the basement. Bloo looks at one of the pictures to see a guy wearing stripes doing his prank, then flips the page to see that same guy doing a different prank. Bloo then names the guy "Wallie" because he looks like one. He then plays "Where's Wallie" in the picture, a parody of Where's Waldo. He turns to a picture that only has Frankie and Madame Foster in it, and nobody else. Mac looks at the next picture to see that all the friends are back that year. Bloo suggests that an alien overlord kidnapped everyone, then Madame Foster built robots of everyone, because she was full of grief.
The two go to Frankie, who got away from Madame Foster by placing a cardboard cutout of herself by her. As Frankie is washing dishes, Mac asks about the picture, but Frankie doesn't tell them because she thinks it will happen again. They then ask Mr. Herriman, who tells them that he only takes one photo each year, then hops away. They turn to Coco, who slaps Mac after seeing the picture. Mac and Bloo then go ask the other friends, but no one will talk about it. Wilt says he will tell them, but then doesn't when he finds out that it's a secret. The two walk away as another friend walks up to Wilt, saying that he's leaving Foster's because he's adopted. Wilt then takes his spot in the picture, only to be hidden behind a friend with large hair.
We then go to Duchess, who is painting Eduardo's teeth, pulling out the middle of his uni-brow, and then taking sandpaper to his skin...
We go back to Mac and Bloo, who are sitting in the basement again. Bloo tells Mac his "alien overlord" theory again, but this time Frankie built the robots. Mac suggests that everyone got stuck in traffic, and then that everyone got adopted, but returned the next year because everyone was terrible matches. It then shows kids returning the friends, including Mandy from "The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy" returning a friend because he was too happy. Bloo then tells Mac many other theories, including Eduardo inventing a time machine, and everyone getting scared because Coco spoke in English. Mac looks at the picture from the year after, then said everyone looked freaked out. Bloo then tries to "Find Wallie" but he isn't there. Mac then realizes that Wallie is the reason for the weird picture.
Mac and Bloo go to Camerari about the picture, who tells the two that Wallie's name is really Wallie, and that his flash broke that day. As he gets ready to tell Mac and Bloo about the picture, Mr. Herriman takes him away. Mr Herriman realizes that three friends were adopted during the last year, so there is a large gap in the middle. He invites Goo, the girl with a wild imagination, in to create three new friends. She tells him that he said that she can't create anymore. She sees Mac and walks over and Mac shows her the picture. Goo asks if they considered an alien overlord, which Bloo suggested twice. Goo suggests that Wilt, Eduardo, and Coco were walking down a hall full of chocolate milk (Cheese floats by saying his famous line; "I like chocolate milk.") but then Goo stops that story and then says that it was three other friends, and then creates three new friends without thinking. Mr Herriman stops her and shows the new friends to their spots.
The scene switches to Frankie walking in on Coco, who is eating cookies. Frankie tells Coco that she rigged the scale in the bathroom to add ten pounds so she doesn't feel so skinny. Coco then runs away.
We then go back to the basement to see Mac, Bloo, and Goo staring at the picture. Goo tells Mac to hurry up because the picture is at six. Mac notices that the clock in the picture reads five o'clock. Mac figures out that they moved the picture back to five so that there would be enough light to take the picture, since Camerari's flash broke.
We quickly go to Wilt who ducks down, since the friend with the large hair's body was in an O shape. We go to Eduardo staring in a mirror, questioning his new look. Duchess takes him to the group waiting to take the picture, who all gasp at him. His face looked just like Duchess's face!
Back in the basement, the three are trying to figure out how Wallie fits into the story. Mac then thinks that since Mr Herriman was so busy, he asked Wallie to tell everyone, but he didn't. So everyone stayed upstairs except for Frankie and Madame Foster, who stand there all day. Bloo then complains that everyone missing the picture is just boring. Mac and Goo run upstairs for the picture as Bloo stares at the picture some more. He notices that the stairs have hinges. Bloo finds a rope that would cause the stairway to collapse.
We cut upstairs and everyone is ready for the picture. Eduardo sneezes, causing his makeup to come off, returning him to normal. Mac and Goo take their places in the picture, and Mr Herriman places a mirror friend in the picture so Camerari can be in the picture too. As they take the picture, the stairway falls, causing everyone to fall into the basement. Bloo tells Mac that this is what happened and Wilt agrees.
This episode of Foster's is very humorous. My favorite part is when Mac and Bloo start guessing what happened to the picture. If you're ever bored and have nothing to do, watch this episode. It'll give you something great to do! Thank you for reading and please stick around for next week! A link to this episode can be found here-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE6PYYQ1t-g&feature=plcp For next week, I'm letting YOU choose the show I'll be reviewing! Next week I'll review ether an episode of Adventure Time or The Amazing World of Gumball. You have until August 8th at 11:59pm to vote!

Gundam of the Week by Sfreedom
The AGE-2DB Gundam AGE-2 Double Bullet is the second wear configuration of the AGE-2 Gundam AGE-2 Normal that appears in Gundam AGE in the Asemu Arc.The unit is piloted by Asemu Asuno.

The AGE-2DB Gundam AGE-2 Double Bullet was specially designed for dealing with multiple opponents simultaneously, Both the arms and the legs of the mobile suits were equipped with the Double Bullet Armament Pack, which is created using the AGE Builder. The machine is optimized for Asemu's dual wielding preferences. Also, the cockpit controls for the Gundam are changed.

The unit's standard weaponry were also replaced with newer weapons such as the Twin DODS Cannons that are mounted on the side, standard beam sabers on the rear skirts the Calf Missiles located on the legs giving the unit a great degree of firepower overall.

Armaments:
■ Twin DODS Cannons:
The Twin DODS Cannons are ranged weapons that are shown to be mounted on the shoulders. They can rotate in any direction, allowing them to shoot down enemy units without moving its arms. The rifles mounted on the red binders can also be dismounted and be wielded by hand like normal DODS Rifles. while the red binders possess the ability to generate large beam sabers, allowing the pilot to quickly counter when there is no time to draw out its main beam sabers.
■ Beam Saber:
A pair of beam sabers located on the rear skirt that can be used for close combat during battle.
■ Large Beam Sabers:
Two large beam sabers are mounted in the twin DODS cannons and can be emitted when the DODS cannons are removed.
■ Calf Missiles:
Four Calf Missile Launchers were used for bombardment or distract the enemies. The launchers are mounted on the rear legs.

System Features:
■ AGE System:
The AGE System is the Special OS engineered by the lineage of the Asuno family. It researches the evolution of living beings by digitizing the mysteries surrounding it and collects battle data to customize itself, grows alongside the pilot and is customized and used exclusively by the pilot itself. The only way for this system to be used and the Gundam to mobilize is by using the AGE Device
Front
The 97th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Age-2db
Rear
The 97th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! 300px-Age-2db-rear
Flight Mode

The 97th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Age-2db-flight

100th issue of the Darklands Gazette coming soon! By TurqoiseAngel
The 100th issue of the Gazette is getting closer, and we would like to make the 100th issue special for you, our readers. I wanted to ask if there are any suggestions to make the Gazette more fun to read, and also if anyone was interested in becoming a Darklands Gazette writer. You can leave your suggestions in the comments, and if you would like to be a part of the Gazette team, please PM me.

Riddles: Last issue’s riddle was answered correctly by Blue Beetle and Amp!
This week’s riddle: How do you make the 7 even?

Crossword Puzzle of the week by the Darklands Gazette team
If you are having difficulties viewing this crossword puzzle properly, right click and view the puzzle in a new tab.

The 97th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! GazettePuzzle3

Thank you for reading this week’s issue of the Darklands Gazette!! The Forum name of whoever got it right first in all four websites will be posted next week.
Any questions and comments can be left here, you can reach us at our website, or you can PM us here. Thank You! Website link: http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/

The 97th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Gazetteslogo
Back to top Go down
http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Absolution :: Outgoing Feeds - What's New :: The Darklands Gazette-
Jump to: