The Absolution
Welcome to the Absolution. Remember to follow the rules, and try not to get in the way of any of the droids working on the ship. Thanks!
The Absolution
Welcome to the Absolution. Remember to follow the rules, and try not to get in the way of any of the droids working on the ship. Thanks!
The Absolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome aboard the Absolution

HomeHome  Toonami BroadcastToonami Broadcast  Latest imagesLatest images  Chat RoomChat Room  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 69th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TurqoiseAngel
D.G Owner
D.G Owner
TurqoiseAngel

IGN : Zoey Sparklebird

The 69th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Empty
PostSubject: The 69th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 69th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10Sun May 08, 2011 7:51 pm

The Darklands Gazette. The Darklands just got a lot darker, and is becoming bigger.
Welcome to our 69th issue! We hope you enjoy this issue just like the last issues we’ve had. We have many great things for this week as we always do and we would like to thank all our readers for their support. - The Darklands Gazette news team

The 69th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Fansiteedition

Our planet Earth by the Darklands Gazette staff
Have any good ideas on how to help the environment that hasn’t been mentioned before? We’d love to hear it! Just post it here or PM it to us.

Art Spotlight sign-ups by TurqoiseAngel
Hello everyone, we have a new spotlight category now, for art. There are probably many of you that would like to see your art featured in the Gazette. All you have to do is send me a PM that has direct links to your art or post the links on this thread and it will be posted in one of the Gazette’s weekly issues. Note that it must be appropriate and the art must have been created by you.

Help Japan and the tornado-hit states! By TurqoiseAngel

Japan is still having a lot of trouble and we can all help by donating, and the states hit by the tornados need help to recover too. Even a small donation will make a big difference. You can donate at this website: https://american.redcross.org/site/Donation2?idb=0&5052.donation=form1&df_id=5052 (For Japan)
https://american.redcross.org/site/Donation2?idb=253362704&df_id=4993&4993.donation=form1 (For the tornado-hit states)

Music of the Week By CloneCluke
Sunglasses at Night, By Corey Hart.
It was #7 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1984, and is considered one of the best of the 80s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxIwRDs1Yc8

GameGal’s Random Corner
The Death of Osama Bin Laden and the Remembrance of 9/11 By GameGal
If you hadn't known already, Osama bin Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden was the leader of a Jihadist Islamic terrorist group, Al-Qaeda. This group was those who caused 9/11, including the 4 hijacked planes that: 2 of them hit of World Trade Center (aka Twin Towers), bringing them to Ground Zero; 1 of them hitting the Pentagon; and 1 being took back under control by the passengers of that particular commercial flight, that when it landed at 500 mph, killed all the passengers.

The death of Osama bin Mohammed bin Awad bin laden (aka Osama bin Laden) was on May 2, 2011. The death of this Islamic leader caused Al-Qaeda to tell the United States that by assassinating Osama, the U.S. now has a curse set upon it. Does the U.S. have a curse? Yes, many, but they certainly aren't only about Islamic terrorists. Keep an eye on the news for more stories about this tremendous event in the world today.

Writer’s Spotlight By TurquoiseAngel
I’ve decided to keep featuring chapters from of The Misfit Players. Enjoy!
-Chapter Three-
Car horns roared loudly, their sounds echoing within the concrete and metal jungle that was City Station. Engines rumbling through the traffic in the streets as most people began their migration back to their homes. And within the horde of inhabitants swarming the streets, two sixteen-year-old boys walked together for an equivalent destination.
“Ugh, my bones are getting restless here with no excitement,” the dark-skinned boy grumbled as he dug his hands deeper into his pockets. “I don’t see how you can not be on edge right now with all the lack of jobs we’ve been getting.”
“It’s fine. Lucy hasn’t been able to find any of us steady work,” the pale boy mumbled, his height towering over most of the surrounding occupants of the sidewalk. “We should be grateful to have any jobs at all, Steel. We are still not accepted by the majority of the community remember.”
“Tch! Still doesn’t help with my impatience here, Ronny,” the one named Steel said as he fumed, both boys turning into a small park circle. There were shaded tables just outside of an ice cream booth; their meeting place. “Is everyone here?”
“Austin and Lex are at the table. No doubt Mae is getting ice cream,” Ronny motioned a wave to the two boys sitting at the closest table to the sidewalk. “Hey.”
The youngest at the table, a tanned thirteen-year-old boy with sandy blond hair, smiled up at Ronny and Steel as they approached. He placed his drawing pad on the table and waved happily at them while the other boy, an agitated sixteen year old with tanned skin and bright red hair curling past his ears, rolled his eyes at their presence.
“What took you guys so long, jeez?” The redhead growled, not even hesitating to show off his aggravation. “We’ve been here for over an hour!”
“Yeah well…I had detention again so I had to stay back late,” Steel rolled his eyes as he spoke. “I ended up punching one of the punching bags clear off of the chains in gym today and it flattened Coach Simmons. He went ballistic and kept insisting how I did it all on purpose. Yeah right…I just, I have a hard time holding back my strength you know.”
The redhead nodded and kept quiet as the other two boys sat down at the table. The younger boy smiled brightly as a girl almost identical to the redheaded boy skipped over to the table, balancing three ice cream cones in her hands.
“I got ice cream for my two favorite brothers!” The girl known as Mae smiled happily as she skidded to a stop, letting out a gasp as one of the cones flipped out of her hand and landed squarely on top her twin’s head. “Oops, sorry Lex, I didn’t mean to do that. But I guess that’s your ice cream cone, hehe.”
“Mae, what the…?! God, you do this stuff all the time!” The redheaded boy fumed in his place as the girl shoved the ice cream cones in the younger brother’s hands, trying to clean the substance out of her twin brother’s hair.
“Aw it was an accident, get over it Lex,” Steel chuckled at the three siblings across from him. “Did you bring Chomp with you, Lex?”
The twins’ both hushed at the question, Mae sliding into a seat between her brothers. The redheaded male nodded to a large duffle bag at his feet, which Steel took as his response.
“He’s out cold right now so it’s best not to wake him up,” Lex mumbled, directing a glare in Steel’s direction. “He was awake earlier but you guys took forever to get here!”
“Zip it, Lex…we’ve got a situation on our hands,” Ronny held up his wrist, pointing at the nanocom there. “We got a call from Lucy.”
“A job?” The ecstatic redheaded girl chimed in beside her brothers, her face lit up like a candle. “Oh how exciting! We haven’t had one of those in awhile!”
“We don’t really know if it’s an actual job yet,” Ronny explained to his team. “We were just instructed by Lucy to investigate the Orchid Bay area as well as the Beach.”
“Investigate?” Austin questioned, piping into the conversation finally. “Investigate what exactly?”
As Ronny began explaining that Lucy had not given them any specifics yet on the assignment, Steel noticed his nanocom begin to flash. An incoming message no doubt, the boy pulled a gloved hand out of his jacket pocket and pressed the button just below the screen. Words developed on the now-lit screen and his chocolate brown eyes scanned them carefully. “Guys…” Steel interrupted, causing the table to fall silent. “We need to move now to Orchid Bay. So let’s go.”
“You got a message from Lucy already?” Ronny mumbled as Steel got to his feet, slipping his hands back into his jacket pockets. “What did she say?”
“Four simple words,” Steel answered with a smirk. “Look to the sky.”
“Look to the…?” The four still sitting at the table all muttered to themselves as they gazed upwards to the sky. Mae and Austin both let out a gasp as Ronny groaned and Lex chuckled. “What…what’s that?”
“That, my friends, is our assignment,” Steel slid on his sunglasses, his smirk still painted there across his face. “This is definitely going to get us accepted by them heroes. And finally, we get some decent action.” -End of Chapter Three-

Band Spotlight By Thanatos
This week I’m spotlighting Five Finger Death Punch. There’s not a lot to say here I’m not going to suggest playing their music on the chat due to the explicit content, I have seen a lot of their songs. I also will not be providing a picture again either and that’s all I can say right now.

Advice column by VivaAlecto
Need some help or advice on a problem you have and don’t know who to turn to? Just post your problem here or if you prefer you can send it by PM to VivaAlecto. She will post her response in the following issue of the Gazette or PM you back.

The story of the Fusion Fighters- A Fusionfall fan-fiction by razorfang
Please stay tuned for the next chapter of the story of the Fusion Fighters.

GKND Sign-up by TurqoiseAngel
The GKND is still up and going, but we would like some more members to join us to do fun things in Fusion Fall. We explore areas, go on missions, and make friends in our group. To Sign up, just leave your IGN, your level and what numbuh you’d like to be. Check the last page to see if the numbuh you want is still available. Here’s the link to our thread: http://greenmaw.com/forums/thread.php?threadID=33&page=5
We also have a separate website:
http://dimondstar.webs.com/

Riddles: Last week’s riddle was answered correctly by Zerowing21, Thanatos, Terrible Ajax, and razorfang!
This week’s riddle: It is an insect, and the first part of its name is the name of another insect. What is it?

Question of the week by the Darklands Gazette team
Q of the week: Do you want Looney Tunes nanos to be added to the game?

How soon do you think we’ll see nanos from the new shows? By TurqoiseAngel
2-3 weeks-2
A month-11
More than a month-13

Thank you for reading this week’s issue of the Darklands Gazette!! The Forum name of whoever got it right first in all four websites will be posted next week.
Any questions and comments can be left here, you can reach us at our website, or you can PM us here. Thank You! Website link: http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/

The 69th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Gazetteslogo
Back to top Go down
http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/
T.O.M 4
T.O.M
T.O.M
T.O.M 4

IGN : Razor Fang

PostSubject: Re: The 69th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 69th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10Tue May 10, 2011 6:20 pm

Riddle: A BEEtle
Back to top Go down
https://theabsolution.forumotion.com
TurqoiseAngel
D.G Owner
D.G Owner
TurqoiseAngel

IGN : Zoey Sparklebird

PostSubject: Re: The 69th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 69th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10Wed May 11, 2011 9:16 pm

Yeah, you got it again Razor! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 69th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 69th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1