The Absolution
Welcome to the Absolution. Remember to follow the rules, and try not to get in the way of any of the droids working on the ship. Thanks!
The Absolution
Welcome to the Absolution. Remember to follow the rules, and try not to get in the way of any of the droids working on the ship. Thanks!
The Absolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome aboard the Absolution

HomeHome  Toonami BroadcastToonami Broadcast  Latest imagesLatest images  Chat RoomChat Room  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 87th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TurqoiseAngel
D.G Owner
D.G Owner
TurqoiseAngel

IGN : Zoey Sparklebird

The 87th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Empty
PostSubject: The 87th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 87th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:42 pm

The Darklands Gazette. The Darklands just got a lot darker, and is becoming bigger.
Welcome to our 87th issue! We hope you enjoy this issue just like the last issues we’ve had. We have many great things for this week as we always do and we would like to thank all our readers for their support. - The Darklands Gazette news team

The 87th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Fansiteedition

Our planet Earth by the Darklands Gazette staff
Have any good ideas on how to help the environment that hasn’t been mentioned before? We’d love to hear it! Just post it here or PM it to us.

Art Spotlight sign-ups by TurqoiseAngel
Hello everyone, we have a new spotlight category now, for art. There are probably many of you that would like to see your art featured in the Gazette. All you have to do is send me a PM that has direct links to your art or post the links on this thread and it will be posted in one of the Gazette’s weekly issues. Note that it must be appropriate and the art must have been created by you.

Writer’s Spotlight by Turqoiseangel
I’ve decided to feature another of Alice’s stories, I hope you enjoy!
My competitive nature: Chapter One: Losing No More
I always felt that I was second in the eyes of my parents, constantly trailing at the heels of my older brother, Adam. A future delight in the culinary world, my brother was probably one of the best cooks in our area, or the entire world from what my parents believed. Yes, Adam was always the favorite child, or so it seemed as I watched my parents over the years, their compliments overflowing for Adam, and Adam alone. Just once, I wanted to be complimented on something that I did, something I accomplished. Just once, I wanted to get praise for my actions, instead of being ignored. Just once, I wanted my parents to say that they were proud of me. Just once, I wanted the fame and glory all for myself. “Just once” wasn’t as far off as I believed.
Entering high school, I decided to try my luck at just about any activity I could find. All just to see if there was anything I could do that could be greater than what my brother had accomplished. I pushed myself to compete in contests dealing with my artistic abilities; however, the paintings I created were just one step up from those of a caveman. I even tried to write a simple poem, or even a short story; but alas, I could not even write a sentence before I ran out of ideas. Sports were another issue entirely, being as how I was never the most athletic person in any of my classes. My competitive nature was driving me crazy, but I just didn’t know what I could possibly do to force my brother off of his high throne, and become the star that shined brightest in my parents’ eyes. My hopes and dreams began to dwindle like a dying flame, and I could not help but think that I was destined to lose the battle forever.
That was, however, until I came across a poster in the hallway while walking to class one day. My attention was grabbed immediately by its vibrant colors, and its unique designs. I came to a halt in front of the poster, my eyes scanning the words that were written upon the parchment.
‘Join the Music Program
Discover Life Through Music
Room 265’
My gray eyes widened as I continued to stare at the poster, repeating the words in my head for what seemed like five minutes. “This is it,” I whispered to the deserted hallway, before I took off towards my destination, “this is exactly what I need.”
When I finally made it to my destination, I stood my ground outside the polished, wooden door. What awaited me beyond that door? What was calling me inside? What in the world was I doing there? I began to hesitate, my own thoughts trying to confuse me and force me to turn around and continue on my way. I probably would have left too, if the door hadn’t opened right then and there.
I held my breath as I gazed up at the man standing before me, his blue eyes staring down at me in question. He couldn’t be the music teacher, could he? He looked like he was still in his late teens, with deep auburn hair cut just below his ears and a tall figure of around six feet. I felt like I was in the presence of a giant, since I was barely five feet tall. He wore a long-sleeved black shirt, and faded jeans that gave the impression that he was just a student, like myself, and most definitely not a teacher.
“Can I help you?” The man asked, his eyebrows raised as he questioned my being there. “Are you looking for the music teacher?”
See, I told you; he was most definitely not the music teacher. But then, who was this mysterious man anyway?
“Um…well, actually…yes, I am looking for the music teacher,” I answered, my voice quiet as a mouse as I became shy in the presence of this stranger, “do you know where I could find…?”
“Mr. Randal, some girl is here to see you!” The man called into the room, before pushing past me, “I’ll be back later!”
How rude! Gosh, if I weren’t in school, I would have given him a piece of my mind. My anger was relieved, however, when I finally managed to inch my way into room 265. The whole environment was just dazzling, with instruments all lined up in the rows of cubbies on the wall. Stands were scattered evenly throughout the room, each one next to a chair for the players. My goodness, it was magical to me. Sure, not many people would have thought it was as amazing as I believed, but all that matters is what I saw in my mind. All that mattered is that I was able to find a way to beat my brother in this room.
“I’ve never seen you before, miss,” a deep voice interrupted my thoughts, “what can I do for you?” I turned quickly to see an older man, at least in his mid-thirties, towering behind me. Another man of at least six feet, why must everyone be a giant that towers over me while I just stand there cowering below? Putting my thoughts aside, I quickly came to the realization of who this man was. It had to be Mr. Randal, the music teacher.
“Um…hello, sir,” I became hesitant once again, as I tried to stumble through my words, “you see, I…well…that is…um…I hear that there’s a music program at this school…and, well…I’m…”
“So, you’re interested in our music program?” Mr. Randal gave me a warming smile, “that’s splendid, I’ve been hoping to gain a few new students this year.”
“I saw the sign in the hallway,” I continued with my rambling, “it was so bright that it caught my attention…and, well…um…I’ve never played an instrument before, so I…”
“That’s even better!” Mr. Randal interrupted me, extending a large hand towards me, “I’m Richard Randal, and you, miss?”
“I’m…” I took a hold of Mr. Randal’s large hand, amazed at how strong his grip was compared to mine as we shook hands, “I’m Rae Dawson.”
“Welcome to the Music Department, Miss Dawson,” Mr. Randal released my hand, making his way over to where the cubbies waited, “let’s see, you need an instrument…does any certain one interest you?”
“Um…well…” I should have probably thought about what exactly I was getting into before I stormed down the hallway in confidence. First of all, what in the world was I thinking? What chance did I possibly have at being a musician? I’ve never even thought about playing an instrument before, so why did I even think I could do it in the first place? Stupid me, stupid competitiveness, stupid American society, I blame my brother for everything. Well, I could also blame society, the president, and the rude guy too. That’s right, it’s entirely the rude guy’s fault!
“Um, Miss Dawson…are you all right?” My thoughts escaped me as I heard Mr. Randal’s voice, “you seem to be a little out of it.”
“Oh, I’m fine!” I quickly recovered from my daze, “I was just thinking about the instruments is all.”
“Oh, well do you have any specific interests?” Mr. Randal questioned, looking down at me, attentively waiting for my answer.
What instrument did I want to play? Why couldn’t I have thought about that a little bit before I even came running down to the room? What instruments were there that I could play? Let’s see, common sense: there’s the drums, the string instruments, the trumpets, the saxophones, and so many more that I can’t even remember them all. What instrument was there for me?
“Well, I’m not exactly sure what instrument would be good for me,” I answered finally after several minutes of trying to come to a conclusion in my mind, “so maybe I should just go.”
“Nonsense, I’m sure we can get you playing any instrument perfectly,” Mr. Randal smiled down at me. “You know, I am in somewhat of a need for a flute player.”
Flute. Now which instrument was the flute again? Was it that black instrument that you play with a reed? No wait, that’s a clarinet! Then, what was a flute? Flute? Wait, isn’t a flute that long, silver instrument? Yes, that’s what a flute is! But, how in the world does someone even play that thing? And didn’t I read somewhere that flute is really hard to learn for beginners? Great, I was getting stuck with the hard instrument! I think my confidence meter fell to zero.
“Um, are you sure I can play the flute?” I questioned, trying to weasel my way out of the situation, “I mean, I bet that I’d do much better on an instrument like…that metal triangle that you simply tape on…yeah, that’s the kind of instrument for me.”
“Of course you can play the flute, I have a feeling you will be an expert in no time,” Mr. Randal nodded as he removed a long, slender, black case from the many cubbies. “This one right here will be perfect for you.”
I hesitantly stared at the case as Mr. Randal pushed it in my direction. I couldn’t play that flute, even if I tried. Why did this man have so much confidence in me? Must be the whole teacher thing: always there to try and lead their students down the path of greatness. Only, the path Mr. Randal was leading me down was the path of complete screw-ups.

What’s New in FusionFall by Skilletfan
VAN KLIESS IS A NANO! along with Rath and AmpFibian. Albedo is also in the game not as a character but to fight instead and it’s not a fusion. There is also the Rath fan club npc characters in mojo's volcano that help with obtaining the Rath nano and also sell the Rath fan club shirt and Rath mask. I give this a 5/5 just because of the Van Kliess nano being added.

FUSIONFALL HOROSCOPES by VivaAlecto
Remember... these are just for fun! Don't take any horoscope seriously unless the reading was made 100% for you and only you! *please stay tuned for the next set of horoscopes *

Advice column by VivaAlecto
Need some help or advice on a problem you have and don’t know who to turn to? Just post your problem here or if you prefer you can send it by PM to VivaAlecto. She will post her response in the following issue of the Gazette or PM you back.

Item Spotlight by Ash Sharpshoot
9/25/11

It's been a whole year since Chowder and Flapjack ended the runs. If you still remember them, go out and get your very own K'nuckles Tee and Chowder items from the Wisdom Tooth. This has been this week's item spotlight.

The story of the Fusion Fighters- A Fusionfall fan-fiction by razorfang
*Sorry guys but I'm having tech problems so I can't make the next issue. I know you guys are dying to know what happens but don't worry I'll try hard to get it out by the next issue. And it will be long!*

GKND Sign-up by TurqoiseAngel
The GKND is still up and going, but we would like some more members to join us to do fun things in Fusion Fall. We explore areas, go on missions, and make friends in our group. To Sign up, just leave your IGN, your level and what numbuh you’d like to be. Check the last page to see if the numbuh you want is still available. Here’s the link to our thread: http://greenmaw.com/forums/thread.php?threadID=33&page=5
We also have a separate website:
http://dimondstar.webs.com/

Riddles: Last week’s riddle was answered correctly by Megaswiftwater, skilletfan, zerowing21, and razorfang!
This week’s riddle: The man was afraid to go home, because the man with the mask was at home. Why was the man without the mask afraid to go home?

Question of the week by the Darklands Gazette team
Q of the week: What is your favorite hoverboard?

Which of unstable Van Kleiss’s nano powers do you like best? By TurqoiseAngel
Essence leech-2
Nanite regeneration-7
Vines of Abysus-0

Thank you for reading this week’s issue of the Darklands Gazette!! The Forum name of whoever got it right first in all four websites will be posted next week.
Any questions and comments can be left here, you can reach us at our website, or you can PM us here. Thank You! Website link: http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/

The 87th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Gazetteslogo
Back to top Go down
http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/
T.O.M 4
T.O.M
T.O.M
T.O.M 4

IGN : Razor Fang

PostSubject: Re: The 87th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 87th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:00 pm

Riddle: The man in the mask is the catcher. It's a baseball game. So the runner is afraid to run home because he doesn't want to get tagged out.

Man I wish I wasn't having these tech problems so I could post my story....
Back to top Go down
https://theabsolution.forumotion.com
TurqoiseAngel
D.G Owner
D.G Owner
TurqoiseAngel

IGN : Zoey Sparklebird

PostSubject: Re: The 87th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 87th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:44 pm

You go the riddle right Razor ^^ And don't worry too much if your computer gives you problems again. Also, there are no mod buttons, the bottom just says my only permissions is to post on the thread not to mod it. Requesting lock, next issue will be posted soon. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/
dex7322
Engineer Droid Commander
Engineer Droid Commander
dex7322

IGN : Jake MagnavoX

PostSubject: Re: The 87th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 87th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:43 pm

Locking down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 87th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 87th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Absolution :: Outgoing Feeds - What's New :: The Darklands Gazette-
Jump to: