The Absolution
Welcome to the Absolution. Remember to follow the rules, and try not to get in the way of any of the droids working on the ship. Thanks!
The Absolution
Welcome to the Absolution. Remember to follow the rules, and try not to get in the way of any of the droids working on the ship. Thanks!
The Absolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome aboard the Absolution

HomeHome  Toonami BroadcastToonami Broadcast  Latest imagesLatest images  Chat RoomChat Room  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 74th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TurqoiseAngel
D.G Owner
D.G Owner
TurqoiseAngel

IGN : Zoey Sparklebird

The 74th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Empty
PostSubject: The 74th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 74th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:26 pm

The Darklands Gazette. The Darklands just got a lot darker, and is becoming bigger.
Welcome to our 74th issue! We hope you enjoy this issue just like the last issues we’ve had. We have many great things for this week as we always do and we would like to thank all our readers for their support. - The Darklands Gazette news team

The 74th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Fansiteedition

Our planet Earth by the Darklands Gazette staff
Have any good ideas on how to help the environment that hasn’t been mentioned before? We’d love to hear it! Just post it here or PM it to us.

Art Spotlight sign-ups by TurqoiseAngel
Hello everyone, we have a new spotlight category now, for art. There are probably many of you that would like to see your art featured in the Gazette. All you have to do is send me a PM that has direct links to your art or post the links on this thread and it will be posted in one of the Gazette’s weekly issues. Note that it must be appropriate and the art must have been created by you.

Help Japan and the tornado-hit states! By TurqoiseAngel

Japan is still having a lot of trouble and we can all help by donating, and the states hit by the tornados need help to recover too. Even a small donation will make a big difference. You can donate at this website: https://american.redcross.org/site/Donation2?idb=0&5052.donation=form1&df_id=5052 (For Japan)
https://american.redcross.org/site/Donation2?idb=253362704&df_id=4993&4993.donation=form1 (For the tornado-hit states)

Music of the Week By CloneCluke
8675309/Jenny, By Tommy Tutone.
It was ranked number 4 on the Billboard Hot 100, and number 1 on the Billboard top tracks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrHQRgWXJK4

Band Spotlight By SkilletFan
This week I’m doing Papa Roach they have a lot of good songs. A few are between angels and insects, forever, getting away with murder, last resort, lifeline, no matter what, and to be loved. They have four members that make up the band. (I say though that they have some explicit content so listen to them with my warning in mind, the Gazette, its owner, or writers can’t be held accountable if you listen to the explicit songs and are offended by the language)

Writer’s Spotlight By TurquoiseAngel
I’ve decided to keep featuring chapters from The Misfit Players By Alice Freeangel. Enjoy!
-Chapter Eight-

The Hawthorne household was void of life, the only movements being the shadows dancing across the walls. The depleting sunlight poured through the windows, only being halted by a single figure from the outside.

Abby didn’t know why she had ended up back at that house but there she was, standing on the Rude Boy’s front porch in silence. She knew that no one was home; Abby had watched the entire neighborhood panic and dash for the docks, the Hawthorne’s included. However, something was there and its aura was strong.

“Does this feeling have something to do with Rude Boy?” Abby questioned, inching closer to the door. “Maybe I should just…”

“Well, this is a surprise. A young girl standing on our front porch; you a friend of Dustin’s?”

The brunette tensed at the voice, ripping around in surprise. Her green orbs were wide as she started at the rugged man approaching the house, a smirk painted on his face.

“Ah, I was just…”

“Yeah, you must be here for Dustin. Good for him,” the man chuckled before strolling past the girl, turning the knob on the door. “You do know though that there’s a panic going on though right? I mean, if you look to the sky you could probably tell this isn’t just your average day.”

Abby watched the man carefully as he walked into the house, his gaze switching from room to room as he gliding through the halls.

“Everyone in the house left already for the docks, if that’s what you’re here for,” Abby whispered, staring over at the man as he continued to scout the house. “I was just coming to make sure everyone got out safely. And it looks like they did.”

“Yeah, I know they did. Bet my family’s in a panic over at the docks,” the man replied, disappearing down one of the halls. “Come in if you’d like.”

Abby tiptoed into the house, confused at what was occurring. The man was obviously the father of the Rude Boy and he returned home, even though he knew his family was at the docks waiting for him.

“Um, excuse me sir…shouldn’t you also be at the docks then?” Abby questioned, glancing over the family pictures adorning the halls of the living room. “I know I saw all three of them leave, so there isn’t anyone left here.”

“I know, my family wouldn’t wait around here when they know the best place for us to meet up is where the S.C.A.M.P.E.R.s are,” the brunette heard the man’s voice from one of the back rooms. “I’m here for a different reason. Just give me a few moments and all be done all right?”

Several minutes passed before the man stumbled around the corner, a small item concealed in his fist as he smiled. Abby continued to watch the man like a hawk, unable to really understand what was going on. All the brunette could tell was that whatever was in that man’s hand was what had that strong aura.

“Man, I’m so sorry. Didn’t mean to be rude, I didn’t introduce myself,” the man held out a hand to the girl. “My name is Reggie Hawthorne; I’m Dustin’s father.”

‘So that’s the Rude Boy’s name?’ Abby gave a slight smile while shaking the man’s outstretched hand. “My name is Abigail Louis and I met your son Dustin recently. He’s an interesting character.”

“Ha, that’s my boy. Well, I’m going to head off to the docks now to meet up with my family,” Reggie led the girl outside, closing the door behind him. “Will you be joining us on the S.C.A.M.P.E.R.s? I’m sure your parents must be worried.”

Abby’s green orbs avoided Reggie’s gaze for a moment, taken aback by the comment. However, she shook it off and eyed his clenched fist.

“I’ll be heading there soon. I’m looking for someone currently,” the brunette whispered. “I have a question for you if you don’t mind me asking. What is that thing you have clenched in your fist?”

Reggie’s smile widened as he pushed past the girl, strolling down the sidewalk and into the emptied street. Abby stared in confusion, a little annoyed once Reggie sent a wave over his shoulder. So that’s where Dustin got his rudeness from; like father like son. At least Reggie had the decency to at least introduce himself.

“You’ll see soon enough, Miss Abigail!” Reggie called out, breaking Abby out of her thoughts while he continued down the road. “You’ll see soon enough!”

Elsewhere…

His leg muscles ached with each step Dustin took, his speed getting him through the town’s streets with little difficulty. The left-alone cars parked in the traffic were a bit of a hassle, but the teen eventually making it past the ocean rental shops. Dustin knew his father was close, he could feel it in his gut. Now all he had to do was get past all the buildings into his neighborhood and…

SLAM! Dustin staggered backwards onto the hard pavement, his fingers gracing his left cheek. The teen was speechless for a moment, unable to follow exactly what had happened.

“Well, would you look at that? Seems a pest just rushed right into my perfectly innocent crowbar and left some blood on it.”

Dustin was brought out of his thoughts by the voice, his aquamarine eyes glancing up to see a man in very businesslike attire, his attire white save for his pitch black tie. The man was eyeing the teen, his dark orbs full of hatred. A crowbar rested in the man’s grasp, ready for its master to wield it how he saw fit.

“You should pay for splattering your worthless blood on my crowbar’s polished surface,” the man spat out, extending the crowbar to lift up the fearful teen’s chin. “Now apologize or die…wait, what is the point of giving you the choice? You’re going to die anyway.”
-End of Chapter Eight-

Video Game Add-ON Review By ReijiOzora
Call of Duty World at War: Map Pack 3: Der Riese

So the other day I got map pack 3 for World at War and was amazed. To be honest, I just got for the Nazi Zombies Map. The map "Waffenfabrik Der Reise" or Der Riese means The Giant Weapons Factory or by fans the Zombie Factory. For this map, each player has their own character. You will get either Tank Dempsey, Nikolai Belinski, Takeo Masaki, or Doctor Richtofen. In this map new functions are added to zombies. The Teleporter, the Monkey Bomb, and Pack-A-Punch. In each map there is a story behind it and Der Riese has the best info behind zombies. I suggest buying this. It costs $9.99 on the PSN and 800 Microsoft points for the Xbox 360. If you want to go on Der Riese with me my PSN ID is wworv. See You next issue.

Advice column by VivaAlecto
Need some help or advice on a problem you have and don’t know who to turn to? Just post your problem here or if you prefer you can send it by PM to VivaAlecto. She will post her response in the following issue of the Gazette or PM you back.

The story of the Fusion Fighters- A Fusionfall fan-fiction by razorfang
Please stay tuned for the next chapter of the story of the Fusion Fighters.

GKND Sign-up by TurqoiseAngel
The GKND is still up and going, but we would like some more members to join us to do fun things in Fusion Fall. We explore areas, go on missions, and make friends in our group. To Sign up, just leave your IGN, your level and what numbuh you’d like to be. Check the last page to see if the numbuh you want is still available. Here’s the link to our thread: http://greenmaw.com/forums/thread.php?threadID=33&page=5
We also have a separate website:
http://dimondstar.webs.com/

Riddles: Last week’s riddle was answered correctly by zerowing21, 123Something, Silver, and razorfang!
This week’s riddle: What questions can you NEVER answer yes to?

Question of the week by the Darklands Gazette team
Q of the week: Out of all the nanos, which one is your favorite?

Which of these villains do you think is the coolest? By TurqoiseAngel
Lord Fuse-4
Mandark-3
Father-8
Vilgax-1
Him-3
The Puckerberry Overlords-0
The ice King-5
Demongo-6

Thank you for reading this week’s issue of the Darklands Gazette!! The Forum name of whoever got it right first in all four websites will be posted next week.
Any questions and comments can be left here, you can reach us at our website, or you can PM us here. Thank You! Website link: http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/

The 74th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Gazetteslogo
Back to top Go down
http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/
T.O.M 4
T.O.M
T.O.M
T.O.M 4

IGN : Razor Fang

PostSubject: Re: The 74th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 74th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:33 pm

Riddle: Are you dead? And, are you sleeping?
Back to top Go down
https://theabsolution.forumotion.com
TurqoiseAngel
D.G Owner
D.G Owner
TurqoiseAngel

IGN : Zoey Sparklebird

PostSubject: Re: The 74th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 74th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:01 pm

Yes, you got it again, locking. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 74th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 74th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1