The Absolution
Welcome to the Absolution. Remember to follow the rules, and try not to get in the way of any of the droids working on the ship. Thanks!
The Absolution
Welcome to the Absolution. Remember to follow the rules, and try not to get in the way of any of the droids working on the ship. Thanks!
The Absolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome aboard the Absolution

HomeHome  Toonami BroadcastToonami Broadcast  Latest imagesLatest images  Chat RoomChat Room  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 73rd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TurqoiseAngel
D.G Owner
D.G Owner
TurqoiseAngel

IGN : Zoey Sparklebird

The 73rd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Empty
PostSubject: The 73rd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 73rd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:15 pm

The 73rdissue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!
The Darklands Gazette. The Darklands just got a lot darker, and is becoming bigger.
Welcome to our 73rdissue! We hope you enjoy this issue just like the last issues we’ve had. We have many great things for this week as we always do and we would like to thank all our readers for their support. - The Darklands Gazette news team

The 73rd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Fansiteedition

Our planet Earth by the Darklands Gazette staff
Have any good ideas on how to help the environment that hasn’t been mentioned before? We’d love to hear it! Just post it here or PM it to us.

Art Spotlight sign-ups by TurqoiseAngel
Hello everyone, we have a new spotlight category now, for art. There are probably many of you that would like to see your art featured in the Gazette. All you have to do is send me a PM that has direct links to your art or post the links on this thread and it will be posted in one of the Gazette’s weekly issues. Note that it must be appropriate and the art must have been created by you.

Help Japan and the tornado-hit states! By TurqoiseAngel

Japan is still having a lot of trouble and we can all help by donating, and the states hit by the tornados need help to recover too. Even a small donation will make a big difference. You can donate at this website: https://american.redcross.org/site/Donation2?idb=0&5052.donation=form1&df_id=5052 (For Japan)
https://american.redcross.org/site/Donation2?idb=253362704&df_id=4993&4993.donation=form1 (For the tornado-hit states)

Music of the Week By CloneCluke
The Reflex, by Duran Duran.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eotbo-DsPTo
The Reflex was Duran Duran's first song to reach #1 on the Billboard Top 100, and was so for two weeks.

Item Spotlight by Ash Sharpshoot 6/5/11
Are you the school diva? I'm just asking, since all schools have divas. This week's item are the Diva Dynamite Goggles! These level 8 goggles are, well, pink and are part of the alter ego of Dee Dee's costume. Dexstar, you might wanna watch out! This has been this week's Item Spotlight!

Writer’s Spotlight By TurquoiseAngel
I’ve decided to keep featuring chapters from The Misfit Players. Enjoy!
-Chapter Seven-
Within moments of Dustin catching a glimpse at the falling pods, an evacuation notice blinked onto the TV screen. Sirens filled the air as panicked families flooded out of their homes toward the docks, where S.C.A.M.P.E.R.s were waiting to greet them. The Hawthorne family was no exception, quickly grabbing their essential belongings and stumbling out the door with their hysteric neighbors.

The run was tiresome but Lidia kept a fast pace, eventually lifting Devin into her arms so he didn’t lag behind. Dustin stayed at his mother’s heels, afraid to dash ahead of her for even a second. As long as she was in front of him, he could see that she and Devin were all right.

“Mom, the docks are just ahead. We need to get into the lines for evacuation. Keep a hold on Devin since the crowds will be less merciful than in the city. After all, the people are in a mass panic.”

“Don’t worry, Dustin. I have Devin. I am more worried about getting separated from you so stay close to me!” Lidia called back as they approached the thundering crowd of people just outside the docks. Everyone was pushing forward, hoping to be the next to get a seat on the loading S.C.A.M.P.E.R.s. “Oh dear, how are we going to find Reggie in this mess?”

“Everyone listen up! You need to stay calm here as we file you into the S.C.A.M.P.E.R.s,” one of the K.N.D. operatives present called above the crowd. “There are enough S.C.A.M.P.E.R.s here to evacuate everyone so if you just keep the panic to a minimum we’ll be able to safely evacuate you all without delay! Peach Creek and areas within the suburbs were built with underground habitats to house entire countries if need be so the S.C.A.M.P.E.R.s will be taking everyone to the underground. There’s enough S.C.A.M.P.E.R.s here to evacuate both Orchid Bay and Bravo Beach so there won’t be a problem with getting onboard as long as nothing major holds up the loading. In addition, the heroes have moved in to assist with evacuation as well as being at the front lines of battle. These measures are mainly being taken because of the falling pods. Dexter and his men still don’t know the gravity of the situation yet and want to make sure that everyone is out of danger.”

The horde was packed full with worried families but they managed to heed the instructions from the operatives, knowing now that the heroes were moving out to assist them in their rescue. The lines were dwindling at a steady pace, the S.C.A.M.P.E.R.s filled to the brim with citizens for evacuation. The Hawthorne family was packed into the line as well, sandwiched between their neighbors with little room to breathe.

“Our turn is coming up…where’s your father?” Lidia whispered to Dustin as the line pushed forward, inching closer and closer to their destination. “I don’t want to leave without knowing he’s safe.”

“He might have already gotten on a S.C.A.M.P.E.R., Mom. Just keep going forward, we have to think about Devin right now,” Dustin replied, his hands keeping a firm grip on the woman’s shoulders. The little brother glanced back at his sibling, tears threatening to escape with each passing moment. Dustin didn’t blame him; this was one of the scariest situations a person could be in. “It’s going to be ok, Devin. Just keep thinking about getting to see the heroes in action. They’re going to save the day again for us all.”

“But Daddy…” Devin whimpered in Lidia’s arms as Dustin bit his lip, afraid of what words he should form next. “Daddy isn’t here, who’s going to save Daddy?”

The black-haired teen gulped down his reply, knowing full well that his words were not helping the situation. The younger brother would keep whimpering while his mother continued to worry, there was no way to fix that future unless Reggie could be located.

“Reggie wouldn’t leave without his family,” Lidia mumbled back to her eldest son, all the while inching forward with the line. “And now we’re getting closer to be loaded up into the S.C.A.M.P.E.R.s without him.”

“Well Mom, if you’re sure that he hasn’t left,” Dustin whispered before taking a step out of the line, glancing back towards the pier side town. “I’ll go get Dad and bring him back here. You and Devin ride the S.C.A.M.P.E.R. to safety and I’ll make sure Dad and I catch the next ride outta here.”

“Wait what?!” Lidia shrieked as she reached for her eldest, tears leaking from her eyes. “No Dustin, you’re not leaving here too! You’re just a kid! You can’t be wandering around here when there’s a possible invasion coming!”

“I’m not a kid anymore Mom, I go to high school while managing two jobs! I help you guys with the bills to make sure we can keep ends meeting,” Dustin snapped back a retort. “I’m not a little kid that needs to be constantly babied. I’m an older teen who’ll be going to college soon and living on my own. I’m going to help by finding Dad and getting him back on this S.C.A.M.P.E.R. so take Devin and wait for us in the underground ok?”

Lidia was taken aback from her son’s outburst, shocked to see that her little Dustin was no longer holding back his feelings. Her son was now becoming more of an adult, and surprisingly, more like a hero as well. The mother sighed in relent, nodding for her eldest to move out and head back to the town.

“Your father might have run back towards home and missed us in the panic,” Lidia spoke as Dustin prepared to run. “You have to promise me as soon as you find Reggie that you’re coming back here to get on the S.C.A.M.P.E.R.! I don’t want to have two of my family missing in action.”

“Yeah Mom, I promise we’ll be right behind you guys,” Dustin smiled as he gave a nod. “Devin, you and Mom stay safe all right? You gotta be the big man and protect her. You guys be safe! I’m going to go save Dad.”

“See Mommy, I told you before that Big Brother is a hero,” Devin gave a small smile through his tears, Lidia nodding in agreement as Dustin dashed out towards their home. “We don’t have anything to fear, Big Brother’s going to smash down the enemies and save the day, just you wait.
-End of Chapter Seven-

Advice column by VivaAlecto
Need some help or advice on a problem you have and don’t know who to turn to? Just post your problem here or if you prefer you can send it by PM to VivaAlecto. She will post her response in the following issue of the Gazette or PM you back.

The story of the Fusion Fighters- A Fusionfall fan-fiction by razorfang
Please stay tuned for the next chapter of the story of the Fusion Fighters.

GKND Sign-up by TurqoiseAngel
The GKND is still up and going, but we would like some more members to join us to do fun things in Fusion Fall. We explore areas, go on missions, and make friends in our group. To Sign up, just leave your IGN, your level and what numbuh you’d like to be. Check the last page to see if the numbuh you want is still available. Here’s the link to our thread: http://greenmaw.com/forums/thread.php?threadID=33&page=5
We also have a separate website:
http://dimondstar.webs.com/

Riddles: Last week’s riddle was answered correctly by zerowing21, GameGal, Alice, and razorfang!
This week’s riddle: There was a frog that fell down inside a well. The well is 30 meters deep. Every day, the frog goes up 3 meters then goes down 2 meters. The question is this: how many days does it take the frog to get out of the well completely?

Question of the week by the Darklands Gazette team
Q of the week: Since Johnny Test is in the game, do you think other characters, like Scooby-Doo will be added soon?

Do you think a special event may occur this month in FusionFall to celebrate the summer? By TurqoiseAngel
Yes-8
No-10
Maybe-12

Thank you for reading this week’s issue of the Darklands Gazette!! The Forum name of whoever got it right first in all four websites will be posted next week.
Any questions and comments can be left here, you can reach us at our website, or you can PM us here. Thank You! Website link: http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/

The 73rd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Gazetteslogo
Back to top Go down
http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/
T.O.M 4
T.O.M
T.O.M
T.O.M 4

IGN : Razor Fang

PostSubject: Re: The 73rd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 73rd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:17 pm

Riddle: I'm going with 27
Back to top Go down
https://theabsolution.forumotion.com
TurqoiseAngel
D.G Owner
D.G Owner
TurqoiseAngel

IGN : Zoey Sparklebird

PostSubject: Re: The 73rd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 73rd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:29 pm

You got it again Razor! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 73rd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 73rd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10

Back to top Go down

The 73rd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Absolution :: Outgoing Feeds - What's New :: The Darklands Gazette-
Jump to: