The Absolution
Welcome to the Absolution. Remember to follow the rules, and try not to get in the way of any of the droids working on the ship. Thanks!
The Absolution
Welcome to the Absolution. Remember to follow the rules, and try not to get in the way of any of the droids working on the ship. Thanks!
The Absolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome aboard the Absolution

HomeHome  Toonami BroadcastToonami Broadcast  Latest imagesLatest images  Chat RoomChat Room  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 77th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TurqoiseAngel
D.G Owner
D.G Owner
TurqoiseAngel

IGN : Zoey Sparklebird

The 77th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Empty
PostSubject: The 77th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 77th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:17 am

The Darklands Gazette. The Darklands just got a lot darker, and is becoming bigger.
Welcome to our 77th issue! We hope you enjoy this issue just like the last issues we’ve had. We have many great things for this week as we always do and we would like to thank all our readers for their support. - The Darklands Gazette news team

The 77th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Fansiteedition

Our planet Earth by the Darklands Gazette staff
Have any good ideas on how to help the environment that hasn’t been mentioned before? We’d love to hear it! Just post it here or PM it to us.

Art Spotlight sign-ups by TurqoiseAngel
Hello everyone, we have a new spotlight category now, for art. There are probably many of you that would like to see your art featured in the Gazette. All you have to do is send me a PM that has direct links to your art or post the links on this thread and it will be posted in one of the Gazette’s weekly issues. Note that it must be appropriate and the art must have been created by you.

Item Spotlight By Ash Sharpshoot
7/10/11
It’s that time of year again folks! It's summer! What better way to enjoy than to swim in the gigantic ocean it offers wearing your pair of swimming trunks! The Swimming Trunks or Shorts come in I.R. Baboon, Johnny Bravo, and Time Squad! Get your own pair and look smooth swimming today! This has been this week's Item Spotlight.

Writer’s Spotlight By TurquoiseAngel
I’ve decided to keep featuring chapters from The Misfit Players By Alice Freeangel. Enjoy!
-Chapter Eleven-

A smokescreen rose up into the salty air just above Bravo Beach as the two teens made their strides up the mountain path, carefully maneuvering around the scattered debris from the crash. With every step they took, their excitement doubled to the point of overload. Abby had to be held back with Dustin in order to keep her from charging forth into the site with no defenses prepared. The boy simply kept his grip strong on her arm as they came to the final rock, his blue eyes squinting into the dark cloud in hopes to see anything.

“I can only begin to imagine the possibilities of what this pod could be!” Abby squealed beside Dustin. “Maybe a bomb? Or maybe a homing device? Maybe they are just really tiny aliens and this is one of their ships?”

“Or how about its just some meteor that fell from the planet?” Dustin countered, avoiding the daggers for eyes that Abby had moved into his direction. “You know, I’m starting to think that this isn’t anything to be worried about at all. I don’t see any heroes here. I would think that to be strange if what you were saying was true. It doesn’t seem to be so dangerous. Heck, we haven’t even run into anything strange yet. We’ve just found a massive wall of smoke from the crash.”

“For someone who craves the spotlight of a hero, you have no sense of imagination here,” Abby mumbled with a frown, tugging her hand away from Dustin’s grasp and beginning to move into the smokescreen. “Where’s your sense of adventure? Maybe you should have taken more lessons from that boy Finn. Look, just because you can’t see it now doesn’t mean there isn’t a threat lurking in the shadows. For all we know, the pod could actually be some form of alien from that strange planet. We could end up being that alien’s first happy meal on earth. You’re the main meal and I’m the sweet dessert for after.”

Dustin couldn’t help but chuckle at the girl’s words, staying close on her heels as they approached the shattered Cliffside. He had to admit; he had many different theories himself as to what could be hidden within the smoke. However, he still found it weird that no hero had showed up to explore the possible menace lurking there. It just seemed strange; weren’t they supposed to be the first ones to the scene? Not two coco teens who were trying to prove themselves.

The brunette had begun to venture too far into the smoke and Dustin’s protectiveness got the better of him. Without a word, Dustin shot his hand out and gripped the girl’s wrist once more, yanking her back to his side. The girl fumed at the sudden move, trying to break herself free from her trap.

“I’m fine so let me go already! I’m going to investigate that pod,” Abby fought to be released but Dustin’s grip only grew tighter. “Rude Boy, I mean it!”

“My name is Dustin! I know you know it,” the boy snapped back before continuing his stare into the smoke. “Look, don’t rush into this. Last I remembered, your goal was to find those Misfit Players.”

“Yeah, and?”

“You’re currently trying to dive blindly into a smokescreen of death to see if there really is a deadly alien monster hiding in there,” Dustin gave a smirk as Abby’s eyes widened. “Thought that might change your mind. Let’s look at the situation from here, Abby. So far, this item of unknown status crash-landed into the mountain and yet no hero has come to check it out. It can’t be a bomb because it would have destroyed most of Bravo Beach and Orchid Bay upon impact. I would believe the best bet here is that it’s a homing device.”

“But how can we be so sure there isn’t any movement down there? In case you haven’t noticed there is a giant wall of smoke blocking our field of vision quite a bit.”

“So diving blindly in there to go look is the best idea you could come up with?”

There was a silence between the two of them as Dustin smirked, knowing he had won the argument. Abby relented after a few minutes and gazed back at Dustin, seeking answers.

“Well, what do you think we should do now? We came here to prove ourselves. We came here to show the Misfit Players that we are meant to join the team. What do you think we should do?”

“Well, first things first, we need to get rid of the smokescreen somehow,” Dustin stated as he pondered how to accomplish this task.

“The smoke huh?” Abby whispered, stepping away from Dustin and nodding. “I know a way to accomplish that task.”

“You do? What way do you mean?”

“I didn’t want to do this in front of you but,” Abby paused a moment before continuing. “I’ll do it. But don’t you dare say anything mean about this or I’ll personally end you! Got it?!”

The black-haired teen gave a subtle nod in response, fearful to even comment on what could happen. Abby sighed as she stood straight up, her breathing falling still as she closed her eyes. The only sounds in audible range were the waves colliding with the rocks below. Dustin felt the world around him suddenly grow peaceful, scanning the cliffs in hopes to understand what was happening.

“Unlock,” Abby’s words signaled a strange spark of light, the brunette wincing as shimmering forms sprouted out from her shoulder blades. The forms began to flutter about and Abby’s body rose into the air gracefully, a blush forming on her cheeks as Dustin gasped. The forms resembled fairy wings, glittering in the moonlight as Abby hovered above Dustin. “This is so embarrassing…”

“It’s a real-life Tinkerbell?!”

A twitch of the eye and a fist to the head was the response to Dustin’s comment, his unprepared skull quaking with the impact. The black-haired teen stumbled backwards as he nursed his throbbing cranium, his eyes narrowing at the fairy girl fuming in the air beside him.

“What the !@#$ was that for, huh?!” Dustin growled under his breath. “Jeez, it wasn’t anything mean! I just meant you looked like a fairy with those wings! I wasn't trying to be mean!”

“You should be careful of your wording then. I assumed you were being mean like the rest of them though, so my apologies,” Abby stated simply as she rose up, disappearing into the smoke. “Linger there for a bit while I take care of the smoke.”

Dustin kept silent though his thoughts were loud within his mind. ‘Like the rest of them’? What did Abby mean by that? What was this girl anyway? She just suddenly sprouted fairy wings from her back. Dustin frowned at this, knowing that the girl once again had an advantage in their quest. She had an ability that was beyond human and could easily become a hero with such powers. What did he have? A slight head wound and a ring around his neck.

“Here I go!”

Dustin broke from his thoughts in time to witness the smoke before him begin to twist into a funnel, rising up from the mountain and into the open air. His blue eyes widened as Dustin realized the fairy girl was right in the center of the smoke funnel, her own body acting as its center. With a final rapid spin, the smoke migrated itself higher into the sky leaving the Cliffside completely visible to them both. Smiling in approval, Abby lowered herself down to Dustin’s side, carefully placing herself on solid ground.

“You did that? You actually were able to…?”

“Of course I did that, I’m a hero!” Abby mumbled, her green eyes trained on the pod cased within the rocks. The pod itself seemed to leak out some type of green matter, which was splattered all along the rocks. However, there didn’t seem to be any threats at all. Simply a pod by itself. “This is it? I was sort of hoping there would be some sort of threat here. But oh well, I guess that’s for the best right now. I agree with you, it must be some sort of homing device.”

“We should disarm it then if it is,” Dustin retorted as he passed the brunette, beginning carefully down into the crater. “I guess I’ll do it. You’ve already showed off enough for one day. At least let me seem remotely useful.”

Abby giggled at the boy’s comment, watching him intently as he progressed downward into the crater. Dustin slipped a Swiss army knife out of his jean pocket and gripped it tightly, keeping the small weapon at the ready as he reached for the pod. It seemed safe enough to tough, but Dustin still wanted to be careful.

“Wait a minute! The green goop!” Abby’s voice broke the boy’s concentration. “Rude Boy, that green goop is boiling! Get away from there now!”

Dustin’s aquamarine orbs glanced around the crater frantically, watching the green matter begin to boil and sink into the sandy ground around him. The boy stumbled backwards, feeling the earth beneath his feet begin to crumble and quake.

“Dustin! Run!”

Dustin gawked at the scene before him, the rocks and sand becoming melded together by the green goop. The creation rose before him, now in the form of a giant beast. Blood red eyes opened as the creature roared out, advancing its claw towards the terrified boy.

“Of course you would be right about the alien form,” Dustin got out between breaths, his knife at the ready as he tried to back up. “I can’t die yet…I can’t…but what do I do now?!”
-End of Chapter Eleven-

Movie review By KojiOzora
Transformers: Dark of the Moon

To start the review off I'll just say the movie totally killed the other 2 movies with a machine gun and blew them to Jabip. Since it's a Michael Bay Transformers film, it's like this: action, explosion, hot Girl. The movie starts off with Optimus Prime talking about the war of Cybertron. After that, Sam Witwicky, played by Shia Labeouf, comes into the story. Once all the known characters are put in the story, the Decepticons have appeared and let's just say, world domination happens. This time, the movie has no Megan Fox. I forget the new actress's name but it's a different actress and a different girlfriend for Sam. New Transformers are added in the film but I won't give them away. There is so much in the film that gives away the story so I won't spoil it for everyone. I highly recommend watching the movie. Like I said, it's better than the other 2 movies.

Advice column by VivaAlecto
Need some help or advice on a problem you have and don’t know who to turn to? Just post your problem here or if you prefer you can send it by PM to VivaAlecto. She will post her response in the following issue of the Gazette or PM you back.

The story of the Fusion Fighters- A Fusionfall fan-fiction by razorfang
Please stay tuned for the next chapter of the story of the Fusion Fighters.

GKND Sign-up by TurqoiseAngel
The GKND is still up and going, but we would like some more members to join us to do fun things in Fusion Fall. We explore areas, go on missions, and make friends in our group. To Sign up, just leave your IGN, your level and what numbuh you’d like to be. Check the last page to see if the numbuh you want is still available. Here’s the link to our thread: http://greenmaw.com/forums/thread.php?threadID=33&page=5
We also have a separate website:
http://dimondstar.webs.com/

Riddles: Last week’s riddle was answered correctly by DPRFKI86, Terrible Ajax, Granite, and razorfang!
This week’s riddle: There were 2 men who wanted to start a super glue business they wanted to name the super glue something amazing because all the super glues were named super glue. After a couple of weeks their business was a success. What was the super glue's name?

Question of the week by the Darklands Gazette team
Q of the week: What’s your favorite nano ability?

What are you hoping for the most to come from the game’s maintenance? By TurqoiseAngel
Fixed bugs/glitches-18
New nanos/higher levels-7
New areas-5
New items-1
New NPC’s-0
New missions-0

Thank you for reading this week’s issue of the Darklands Gazette!! The Forum name of whoever got it right first in all four websites will be posted next week.
Any questions and comments can be left here, you can reach us at our website, or you can PM us here. Thank You! Website link: http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/

The 77th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Gazetteslogo
Back to top Go down
http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/
T.O.M 4
T.O.M
T.O.M
T.O.M 4

IGN : Razor Fang

PostSubject: Re: The 77th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 77th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:02 am

Riddle: Something Amazing! XD that was a funny riddle
Back to top Go down
https://theabsolution.forumotion.com
TurqoiseAngel
D.G Owner
D.G Owner
TurqoiseAngel

IGN : Zoey Sparklebird

PostSubject: Re: The 77th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 77th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:31 pm

You got it, again. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 77th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 77th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Absolution :: Outgoing Feeds - What's New :: The Darklands Gazette-
Jump to: