The Absolution
Welcome to the Absolution. Remember to follow the rules, and try not to get in the way of any of the droids working on the ship. Thanks!
The Absolution
Welcome to the Absolution. Remember to follow the rules, and try not to get in the way of any of the droids working on the ship. Thanks!
The Absolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome aboard the Absolution

HomeHome  Toonami BroadcastToonami Broadcast  Latest imagesLatest images  Chat RoomChat Room  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 95th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TurqoiseAngel
D.G Owner
D.G Owner
TurqoiseAngel

IGN : Zoey Sparklebird

The 95th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Empty
PostSubject: The 95th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 95th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:03 pm

Sorry I have been gone so long and was unable to keep posting Gazette issues for all of you to enjoy. I have changed a couple of things, but I hope the Gazette will still be fun for all of you, if not most of you, to keep reading. So without further ado, here is the overdue 95th issue of the Darklands Gazette!

The Darklands Gazette. The Darklands just got a lot darker, and is becoming bigger.
Welcome to our 95th issue! We hope you enjoy this issue just like the last issues we’ve had. We have many great things for this week as we always do and we would like to thank all our readers for their support. - The Darklands Gazette news team

The 95th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Fansiteedition

Artist’s Spotlight by TurqoiseAngel
This week, the Gazette will be featuring Loxa’s trees that have been posted on Fusion Modulation Headquarters for its members to enjoy. Here are a couple of samples of what Loxa has been able to create, if you would like to see more of her work, you can click on this link:
http://fusionmodhq.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=161
The 95th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Mandragora_004-1
The 95th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Mandragora_002-2
The 95th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Mandragora_003-2
The 95th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Mandragora_006-1
The 95th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Mandragora_014

Writer’s Spotlight by TurqoiseAngel
This week What Gets Me Through the War by Kyra_Xyrespace is being featured in the Gazette. It is a great fanfic which I am sure all of you, if not most, will enjoy. Here is chapter one, followed by the link of where the rest of this story can be found.
Chapter One: Introduction

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13 Years Earlier

Space, a mystical being all its own. The year was 1996, and the young scientist Professor Utonium was staring up at the stars from his cozy home in South Pokey Oaks. Looking through his telescope, he was observing all of the stars that he could see. Though he did not major in astronomy during his university years, he at least minored in it. The space above this Earth fascinated him greatly.

"Fascinating," Utonium said, tuning his telescope a little.

His eyes were suddenly caught to something streaking across the night sky. He rounded his telescope on the thing and watched as a colorfully white comet soared across the night sky. His eyebrows rose in fascination.

"Fascinating," he repeated, watching it.

He continued to watch it, before he suddenly realized something. This comet wasn't soaring; it was falling! Gasping, he looked up from his telescope and watched as the comet hit the Earth's atmosphere (resulting in a loud boom) and falling into the open fields somewhere to the northeast of S. Pokey Oaks. It was in the Peach Creek district, though it was unclaimed and unnamed. Astounded, the professor ran down the roof and to his car, barely saying a word to his monkey Jojo. He hopped in his car, started it up, and drove down the streets to the crash landing sight. So many thoughts ran through his mind.

What just happened? Why did a comet fall to Earth? How did the Earth survive?

He came upon where the comet had landed. Smoke rose from the small crater it had formed. Surprisingly, no one had bothered to come out and investigate it. Although, not many people lived out here in this area. He stopped his car close to the crash site. Jumping out of his car, he ran to the sight, and looked in. His eyes widened when he saw what he didn't expect. Where a space rock should have been, a humanoid being slept there. Curled in a ball, he realized this was a humanoid baby. The white light from the comet was now surrounding the child, acting as a form of protection. Cautiously, Professor Utonium stepped closer to the crater, and tried to touch the baby. The light seemed to brighten, but dimmed into nothing. Now, with only his car lights to be his guide, he picked up the child and looked at it. It already had hair. Had he looked carefully, through the light, he would have seen that it had blue hair. Now, with the light gone, it had dark brown hair. Professor Utonium breathed steadily, looking at this baby. This alien baby.

What am I going to do with it? I don't know how to care for a baby. Looking down at the baby, he quickly thought, Maybe I should take it to a hospital.

Close to a half-hour later, Professor Utonium found himself, at a quarter to midnight, sitting in the waiting room of a local hospital. He twiddled his fingers, anxious to see if it -the baby- was alright. And to see what it was. A boy, or a girl?

Does it matter? I can't care for it. I don't know how.

He hung his head in guilt. Where would this baby go?

"Professor," the kind doctor said, catching his attention.

"Yes ma'am?" he asked, standing to his feet.

She smiled sweetly, holding the baby, now wrapped in a pink blanket.

Pink. Pink blanket. A girl.

"She's doing very well," the doctor announced. "Are you the father?"

"M-me? Oh no. No no. I, I just found her," Professor answered.

It wasn't a lie. It just wasn't the whole truth. The doctor's face turned into a frown.

"Oh. How sad," she said, looking at the child softly. "Who would leave a baby unattended to? Who would abandon her?"

Yes. Who?

"Were you planning on taking care of her?" the doctor asked.

"N-no. I, I wasn't," he said, looking away.

The doctor's face twitched slightly. She was frowning even more, but held her tongue. Who was she to judge? He was at least kind enough to bring the baby to the hospital, to be checked on.

"Very well," she said. Her mind was made up. "Since this child has no one to turn to, I shall take care of her."

Professor Utonium smiled, his face brightened.

"Really? Can you do that?" he asked.

"I dare anyone to stop me," she said, a hand on her hip as she stood proudly. "Now, to name her."

Utonium didn't know why he stayed around. Maybe it was because he felt like he should make sure the baby was safe. After all, she was new to this planet, literally!

"How about, Alice," the doctor said to the sleeping baby. The doctor smiled as she nuzzled the baby. "Yes, I think Alice shall do. Alice Spacebyte."

Utonium's eyes widened at the last name, but didn't say anything. Instead, he closed his eyes and smiled.

"I'm glad she'll have a safe place to live," he said.

She smiled up at him and nodded.

"So am I, Professor," she said, looking back at the baby. "So am I."

Later that night, or early morning, Utonium was logging his night, occasionally petting Jojo. After finishing up his report with the ending sentence: "Something about little Alice makes me wonder," Utonium placed Jojo in his bed and headed to bed himself. The future was open to possibilities. Who knows what the little alien baby could do? He was engrossed with his thoughts, he didn't see another flash of white fly through the sky.

Present

2009. 21st Century. This new century was gifted with having brilliant minds, such as Dexter and Double-D and even the villains Mandark and Mojo Jojo. And they even had great heroes like Ben Tennyson (nicknamed Ben 10), the Powerpuff Girls, the KND, Juniper Lee, and even Megas, who was driven by Coop.

But none could guess what Earth was in for. Even the KND's Moonbase didn't know what would happen. Nor did the Galactic Enforcers. But that was farther in the future. We cannot be worried about that now. No, our story begins with Alice Spacebyte. Before we begin, I should probably explain more about her.

Now at 13-years-old, and living in the Cul-de-Sac of Peach Creek Commons, Alice accompanies the Cul-de-Sac children to Pokey Oaks Junior High, and was even good friends with them, becoming close friends with the Eds. But even with the closeness, Alice always felt that she was alone. Seperate. Different. It always nagged at her, making her stay awake at night, flopping and turning in her bed. She always felt that she was an outcast compared to the others in her Cul-de-Sac. Little did she know, her differences would be what would save the world from the villainous Planet Fusion.

So, let's begin our tale...
~~~~~Continue reading at:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6285196/1/What_Gets_Me_Through_the_War

Gundam of the Week by Sfreedom
The AGE-1S Gundam AGE-1 Spallow is a high-speed variant of the AGE-1 Gundam AGE-1 Normal. It is piloted by Flit Asuno.

Technology & Combat Characteristics:
A high speed variant of the AGE-1 Gundam AGE-1 Normal. At 33.4 tons, it is almost 25% lighter than the AGE-1 Normal. The Spallow was developed to counter the UE's high speed Xvv-xc Zedas. Its speed is at least as great as that of the Zedas, and its "Sigil Blade" or " Shiguru Blade", short sword has even greater cutting power than the Zedas sword, cutting through its blade with barely any effort.
Armaments:
■ Shiguru Blade:
A short sword that functions as Spallow's main weapon. The Shiguru Blade can cut through the armor and sword of the Zedas.
■ Needle Gun:
Launchers concealed in the unit's knees.

System Features
■ AGE System:
The AGE System is the Special OS for the Gundam AGE-1 engineered by the lineage of the Asuno family. It researches the evolution of living beings by digitizing the mysteries surrounding it and collects battle data to customize itself, grows alongside the pilot and is customized and used exclusively by the pilot itself. The only person who can use this system is Flit himself. In order to mobilize the Gundam, the AGE Device must be used.

The 95th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Age1-sparrow
The 95th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! MS01b_-_CopyWhite

100th issue of the Darklands Gazette coming soon! By TurqoiseAngel
The 100th issue of the Gazette is getting closer, and we would like to make the 100th issue special for you, our readers. I wanted to ask if there are any suggestions to make the Gazette more fun to read, and also if anyone was interested in becoming a Darklands Gazette writer. You can leave your suggestions in the comments, and if you would like to be a part of the Gazette team, please PM me.

Music Spotlight by StaindHeart
Hey readers I know I haven’t posted in awhile, but I was taking a bit of break to find new things to right about for both the band spotlights and anything I can think of right now, so then for my first band spotlight in many months I figured I would do Escape the Fate. They are an America post hardcore band from Las Vegas, with 3 full length studio albums and 3 EP's. They were currently on their The World is Ours tour, which ended on May 16. This band is also associated with the band Falling in Reverse. Their 3 none EP albums are "Dying is Your Latest Fashion" "The War is Ours" and a self titled one called, "Escape the Fate". They haven’t made an album since 2010 because they have been on tour for the past two years, giving them little time to create a new one. They play in concert with bands like Three Days Grace and A7X. That’s all I can type for now, concluding the spotlight for this week, Thanks for reading.

Riddles: Last issue’s riddle was answered correctly by Major, Zerowing21, and Kyra_Xyrespace!
This week’s riddle: There was a green house. Inside the green house there was a white house. Inside the white house there was a red house. Inside the red house there were lots of babies. What is it?

Crossword Puzzle of the week by the Darklands Gazette team
Starting with this issue, the Gazette will feature a crossword puzzle each week for you, our readers to enjoy. If you are having difficulties seeing this crossword puzzle properly, right click and view the puzzle in a new tab.

The 95th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! RealGazettePuzzle1-1edited

Thank you for reading this week’s issue of the Darklands Gazette!! The Forum name of whoever got it right first in all four websites will be posted next week.
Any questions and comments can be left here, you can reach us at our website, or you can PM us here. Thank You! Website link:
http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/
The 95th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Gazetteslogo
Back to top Go down
http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/

Page 1 of 1