The Absolution
Welcome to the Absolution. Remember to follow the rules, and try not to get in the way of any of the droids working on the ship. Thanks!
The Absolution
Welcome to the Absolution. Remember to follow the rules, and try not to get in the way of any of the droids working on the ship. Thanks!
The Absolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome aboard the Absolution

HomeHome  Toonami BroadcastToonami Broadcast  Latest imagesLatest images  Chat RoomChat Room  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 91st issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TurqoiseAngel
D.G Owner
D.G Owner
TurqoiseAngel

IGN : Zoey Sparklebird

The 91st issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Empty
PostSubject: The 91st issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 91st issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:32 pm

The Darklands Gazette. The Darklands just got a lot darker, and is becoming bigger.
Welcome to our 91st issue! We hope you enjoy this issue just like the last issues we’ve had. We have many great things for this week as we always do and we would like to thank all our readers for their support. - The Darklands Gazette news team

The 91st issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Fansiteedition

Our planet Earth by the Darklands Gazette staff
Have any good ideas on how to help the environment that hasn’t been mentioned before? We’d love to hear it! Just post it here or PM it to us.

Art Spotlight sign-ups by TurqoiseAngel
Hello everyone, we have a new spotlight category now, for art. There are probably many of you that would like to see your art featured in the Gazette. All you have to do is send me a PM that has direct links to your art or post the links on this thread and it will be posted in one of the Gazette’s weekly issues. Note that it must be appropriate and the art must have been created by you.

Writer’s Spotlight by Turqoiseangel
I’ve decided to feature another of Alice’s stories, I hope you enjoy!
Puppy Love *~~Drabble~~*
The rhythmic tapping on the umbrella I held close was the least of my worries as I stood there in the rain, my eyes locked on the small cardboard box tossed out on the curb without regard to its fragile contents. The box was soggy from the rain and began to wilt because of it, a whimpering sound escaping it as the small creature inside began to panic at the water building up around his tiny paws.
This little Shiba Inu puppy whined and gazed up at me with wide eyes, his ears lowered as he continued to find safety in his confines. His fur stuck close to his body from the rain showering down upon him, the poor creature pleading for a savior to pluck him away from the water.
My aquamarine eyes scanned the streets with caution, hoping to find some clue as to where this little bundle had come from. There was no note to address the puppy’s predicament; no evidence whatsoever as to where he could have possibly come from. All that was there was the cardboard box outside my townhouse and the puppy himself.
“This just isn’t your day, huh,” I whispered as I knelt down beside the box, letting my umbrella hover over the small creature to keep the rain from hitting him. “Poor thing; no one should ever be this cruel. I always thought that the movies exaggerated the puppies being left on the curb in boxes but apparently I was wrong.”
The puppy sat and seemed to listen to my words, a glimmer of appreciation and awe reflecting in his big brown eyes. The sight of him nestled in the soggy confines in a growing puddle of water was near-heartbreaking, so I reached into the box and lifted him up into my arms.
His body was shaking terribly from the cold chill created from the rain so I took up my umbrella and dashed up the steps into my townhouse and bolted for the bathroom. Placing the tiny body on the counter, I tossed away the umbrella and pulled a towel from the cabinet. I wrapped the creature in the fuzzy towel and massaged his whole body to dry off his tan fur. The puppy slightly pulled away from my efforts but for the most part I could tell he was thankful for my help.
“There you go,” I said with a smile as I lifted the wrapped-up puppy in my arms, walking him into my living room before plopping us both down on the couch to rest. “I got to say, I didn’t think I would be carrying for such a little thing today. This morning I thought the only thing I had to do was get to work and make a good impression on the boss. I’m glad I was able to find you before you got yourself hurt out there.”
Now let’s pause for a moment so that you get the right impression of who I am; my name is Josie O’Neil and I recently graduated from a university here in DC. I was lucky enough to have a place to work with a local paper and I have been working nonstop everyday in hopes to make the best impression. I’ve always been sort of a workaholic anyway so I was already used to it when I entered the real world and received my job.
There was little time for going out and having a ‘good time’ since my mind was always work-oriented, so having something as needy as a puppy in my house was definitely a shock. However, I couldn’t just say no to that little bundle of nerves now shivering on my couch while wrapped up in a towel.
“You are quite the cutie, little guy,” I thought aloud as I reached my hand out to scratch lightly behind the puppy’s ears. “Guess we’re stuck with each other now I guess. Don’t worry; I won’t let you out on the street on your own like your last owner. I’ll take care of you. Now if only I could think of a name for you.”
*End*

Item Spotlight by Ash Sharpshoot
11/06/11
This week, you pick the Item Spotlight! Any item you want, just make your voice be heard in the issue and next week, that Item will be in the spotlight!

FUSIONFALL HOROSCOPES by VivaAlecto
Remember... these are just for fun! Don't take any horoscope seriously unless the reading was made 100% for you and only you! *please stay tuned for the next set of horoscopes *

Band Spotlight by Skilletfan
So this week I decided to do a spotlight on the band Flyleaf. Flyleaf is a Christian alternative metal band. They formed in Texas back in 2000, but they didn’t start to perform until around 2003. They released a self titled CD in 2005and have been named band of the month for March 2006 and artist of the week for 12/24/07. In 2009 they released their next album "Memonto Mori" it was number 8 on the billboard charts. In two years they played over 100 shows around Texas under the booking company Runt Entertainment. They have toured with bands like Stone Sour and Three Days Grace and Disturbed. They have released 3 EP CD's in their career. They have also toured Sick Puppies and Seether. Well I think I have typed enough for this spotlight so enjoy reading~rock will never die!

Advice column by VivaAlecto
Need some help or advice on a problem you have and don’t know who to turn to? Just post your problem here or if you prefer you can send it by PM to VivaAlecto. She will post her response in the following issue of the Gazette or PM you back.

Harvest of Haste by Jake MagnavoX
You're invited to the Darklands Gazette's First Annual Harvest of Haste - A Spawn Smash Event
The 91st issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Banner10
Hello, FusionFall fans! Today, I bring you all some special details about a cool event that TurqoiseAngel and I plan to be hosting in game on Sunday, November 27th at 2:00 PM Eastern, and every single one of you is invited to attend!

So, what is the Harvest of Haste? Well, it's simple if you know the aspects to Spawn Smash, so I will explain Spawn Smash first.

In any ordinary Spawn Smash event, players are taken to a certain area in the game based on their level. The player will have three minutes to kill as many Spawns (monsters) within that amount of time, as long as vehicles aren't used and the player himself doesn't get ANY assistance from a different player.

However, the Harvest of Haste is NOT an ordinary event, so there are some changes to the rules and procedures of game play. Players will be permitted to have ONE team member and ONE team member only. Vehicles WILL be permitted as well, no matter what class or type they are ranked.

Although these are pretty cool positives to this, there are still some negatives. Both of you must be visible on my NanoCom map at the same time, or your automatically disqualified. I will be making every effort to keep up with both team members, though. Trust me when I say I don't pick favorites.

Why call it the Harvest of Haste? Well, for one, there is certain danger involved if you aren't fully prepared, and two, it's to help celebrate Thanksgiving!

Can't attend, but still want to witness? Not a problem! The event will be streaming at Fusion Frenzy's LiveStream Channel! All you have to do is go to Fusion Frenzy, and click the "LIVE" button at the top, and choose "yes" for an answer.

If you are going to converse with fellow viewers via the chat application, please view the rules first. They are shown below the application itself, and the moderators and I really don't think that they're that hard to follow.

If you plan to be a part of this event, please make reservations at Fusion Frenzy's OFFICIAL Forums. The link to the forum category is posted below. Don't have an account? Not a problem, either!

Guests will be permitted to post in the one particular forum every day until the event from 4-6:00 PM Eastern, but these times are subject to change.

Prizes? You bet, but further information on these will be released in a later edition of your favorite FusionFall news providers: The Darklands Gazette!

We hope to see a lot of you fans on the 27th!

Forum Link: http://fusionfall7322.forumotion.com/c6-special-event

The story of the Fusion Fighters- A Fusionfall fan-fiction by razorfang
>>Pleased stay tuned for the next chapter<<

GKND Sign-up by TurqoiseAngel
The GKND is still up and going, but we would like some more members to join us to do fun things in Fusion Fall. We explore areas, go on missions, and make friends in our group. To Sign up, just leave your IGN, your level and what numbuh you’d like to be. Check the last page to see if the numbuh you want is still available. Here’s the link to our thread: http://greenmaw.com/forums/thread.php?threadID=33&page=5
We also have a separate website:
http://dimondstar.webs.com/

Riddles: Last week’s riddle was answered correctly by Amp and Skilletfan !
This week’s riddle: You are in a place called Jack's world and there is only one law. There is a mirror, but no reflection. There is pizza with cheese, but not sausage. There is pepper, but no salt. There is a door, yet no entrance or exit. What is the law?

Question of the week by the Darklands Gazette team
Q of the week: What are some other characters you wish were nanos?

Which code nano are you happy about? By TurqoiseAngel
Darwin-4
Mordecai-3
Princess Bubblegum-3

Thank you for reading this week’s issue of the Darklands Gazette!! The Forum name of whoever got it right first in all four websites will be posted next week.
Any questions and comments can be left here, you can reach us at our website, or you can PM us here. Thank You! Website link: http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/

The 91st issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Gazetteslogo

<<Locking, the next issue will be posted soon>>
Back to top Go down
http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/

Page 1 of 1