The Absolution
Welcome to the Absolution. Remember to follow the rules, and try not to get in the way of any of the droids working on the ship. Thanks!
The Absolution
Welcome to the Absolution. Remember to follow the rules, and try not to get in the way of any of the droids working on the ship. Thanks!
The Absolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome aboard the Absolution

HomeHome  Toonami BroadcastToonami Broadcast  Latest imagesLatest images  Chat RoomChat Room  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 93rd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TurqoiseAngel
D.G Owner
D.G Owner
TurqoiseAngel

IGN : Zoey Sparklebird

The 93rd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Empty
PostSubject: The 93rd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 93rd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:30 pm

The Darklands Gazette. The Darklands just got a lot darker, and is becoming bigger.
Welcome to our 93rd issue! We hope you enjoy this issue just like the last issues we’ve had. We have many great things for this week as we always do and we would like to thank all our readers for their support. - The Darklands Gazette news team

The 93rd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Fansiteedition

Our planet Earth by the Darklands Gazette staff
Have any good ideas on how to help the environment that hasn’t been mentioned before? We’d love to hear it! Just post it here or PM it to us.

Art Spotlight sign-ups by TurqoiseAngel
Hello everyone, we have a new spotlight category now, for art. There are probably many of you that would like to see your art featured in the Gazette. All you have to do is send me a PM that has direct links to your art or post the links on this thread and it will be posted in one of the Gazette’s weekly issues. Note that it must be appropriate and the art must have been created by you.

Writer’s Spotlight by Turqoiseangel
I’ve decided to feature another one of Alice’s fan-fic Opposites, hope you enjoy!

AN: This one is all about the twins and their animal pairings, which I mentioned before as being a Sun bear and Moon bear. I’ve been doing some thinking on the names and it took me awhile to come up with two that I was content with. Tsukimi will be the Moon bear and she belongs to Taren. Taiyou is the Sun bear and he belongs to Marken. The two pairings are often having trouble getting along but they really do care about each other; typical siblings.

Anyway, just wanted to do a short drabble and introduce them. I also have huge plans for the twins in the future of my stories so keep checking in to see what they are.
The sun began to lift above the horizon, its rays painting light upon the various buildings of Peloquinn as Taren began his rounds through the streets. The older twin slung his poleax over his shoulder as he made his way passed the familiar Library of Ages, smiling as he caught a glimpse of Korin stocking bookshelves through the window. It was nice to know he wasn’t the only early bird hard at work in their port-city.

“Taren,” a female voice echoed in the guard’s head as he paused in the street, turning heel to chuckle at the dawdling moon bear huffing behind him. “You’re so full of energy this morning; I’m having trouble keeping up with you.”
“Heh, sorry about that Tsukimi; I’m just happy to start a new day is all,” Taren said as the bear finally made her way beside her link, gazing up at him with dark brown orbs. “Maybe you’ll be more comfortable at home; you could always stay there in the morning and sleep in.”

“That would be nonsense,” Tsukimi huffed at her link as she nudged his side lightly. “I’m your familiar; it’s my duty to stay by your side.”
“Yeah and I’m always appreciative of that,” Taren replied as he petted his familiar’s head lightly, the two of them continuing on their rounds. “It’s so quiet and peaceful this morning; it really makes you feel like you can relax and enjoy the day-.”

“Incoming!” Taren jumped slightly as Marken screamed at the top of his lungs, his younger twin dashing across the duo’s path with his Sun Bear, Taiyou, close in tow. “You can’t get me!”

“Ma-Marken?” Taren stuttered, his eyes wide at his brother’s childish behavior. They were on-duty and he was out playing games instead of doing his rounds. If their father heard about this, they would both be punished for it. “Marken, what are you doing? It’s like five in the morning; you’d better shut up now and stop playing around!”

Marken was long gone by the time Taren had begun his scolding, the older twin growling at his brother’s immaturity. Tsukimi frowned with her link, the two of them exchanging looks before chasing after the twin in question. It wasn’t hard to find the mischievious Marken, his loud voice leading the duo straight to him and his familiar. Taren could see his mirror image near the barely awoken marketplace, the dark brown curls and muscular physique able to be spotted a mile away. A brownish bear was close at Marken’s heels, his sun crescent large on his chest as he huffed behind his link.

“Marken, hold it right there!” Taren exclaimed as he darted after his twin, pulling his poleax to the ready as he advanced and smacked his brother in the shoulder with the pole. The younger twin howled in pain, collapsing to his feet as Taiyou skidded to a stop beside him in worry. Tsukimi did not waste a moment to telepathically scold the Sun Bear, the two familiars locked in a mind battle. “What the hell were you thinking; you’re supposed to be doing rounds! Why are you running around like an idiot?”
“Don’t call me an idiot!” Marken retorted as he gritted his teeth, touching the fresh bruise forming on his arm. “We were just joking around; back off!”

“It’s too early for you to be doing that stuff; you also shouldn’t be doing it during working hours,” Taren snapped at his brother, groaning as he massaged his temple. “Do you have any idea what would happen if you got cau-?”

“I’m so telling.”

Taren gulped at the familiar voice, turning his head to see Meredith standing there with a smirk on her face. The woman did not waste a single moment as she turned and flee out of the market, aiming straight for the twins’ home.
“She’s gonna tell Dad!” Taren gasped as he left his brother in the street, charging after Meredith in a panic. Despite their ages, the twins were still terrified of their father; his anger was worst than hell itself. “Meredith, stop; don’t tell Dad! Marken will do anything; just don’t tell Dad!”

“Huh?” Marken heard his brother’s words and jumped to his feet, charging after them in anger. “What do you by that, Taren? You’re going to help too!”

“Shut up Marken; this is all your fault,” Taren’s voice echoed over the city as the two bears lingered in the street, exchanging looks before following after their links. It was going to be a hectic day for them all.

*End*

Item Spotlight by TurqoiseAngel
This week’s item spotlight is the level 25 Val Hallen Hammer! This ultra rare shattergun is dropped by the Brackish Beasts and Grime Serpents. Its single attack is 508 and its group attack is 538. The fusion monsters from which this weapon can be obtained can be found in the Really Twisted Forest, but more easily in the canopy, the Really Twisted Forest infected zone.

The 93rd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Dlg_rf10

Go back--- or rather, forward in time with Jake MagnavoX and other F.M.H.Q. members as we "Recall the Future" to celebrate the times many players had back then... Or will have had. It all gets very confusing, but no matter!

Join us on Saturday, February 18th to hang out with other players for a day full of an exciting series of events! Vehicle Races, Rocket Wars, Item Auction, and even a Raffle to boost your chances of laying your hands on some sweet Futuristic gear! The items that will be raffled off are as follows: Alpha Blacklight Shirt, Alpha Blacklight Pants, Quartz Hammer, Endsville Slugger, Action Blindfold, and even one of the most rarest items in the game: The Proton Meta Mace! Just to toss one more thing into the raffle prize selection, we will also be giving away a full Necrofriggian Set.

Want to attend? Awesome, but we suggest that you wear some gear that could have been worn in the Future. Look-alikes are okay, too! Some of the wearable items that qualify are as follows: The Holosuit, (if you can't find anything else) Mock 5 Jacket, Piped Pants, (Boys) Jetray Mask, Jetray Wings, Don Doom (or Watchdog) set, Super Slayer Set, Action Blindfold, Pirate Hat, Idea Hat, Two Tone Tee, (Boys) Toasty shirt, (NO PANTS OR SHOES) Bridged Tee, (Boys) Berserker Cargos, (Boys) Utility Loafers, (Boys) Alpha Blacklight Set, Goth Blouse, (Girls) Goth Shirt, (Boys) Goth and Cybergoth Boots (Boys) Jean Jacket, Goth Skirt, (Girls) Goth Pants, (Boys) Vested Tee, (Boys) Wanderer Hoodies, (Boys) Wanderer Pants, (Boys) Cluffed Shorts, (Girls) Arc Oxfords, (Boys) Token Sneakers, (Girls) Button Halter, (Girls) Sweet Pea Tank, (Girls) Sophomore Skirt, (Girls) Varsity Skirt, (Girls) and any look-alikes to those items. (Differing colors don't work.)

Some of the weapons that qualify are as follows: Lightning Gun, Lightning Sword, Practice Sword, Airbrush Blaster, Cyan Airbrush Blaster, Endsville Slugger, Titan Machine, Proton Meta Mace, Custard Buster, Crayon Canon, Bad Max Concussor, (Red Leviathan) Mineral Hammer, Quartz Hammer, Bullhorn Boomstick, and any look-alikes to those items.

Please note that neither of the lists above do NOT contain ALL of the items that could have been seen in the Future. These are just suggestions! Also note that you are NOT required to wear any of this gear if you REALLY don't want to, but it is highly suggested.

Please bring your favorite Nanos that would have been seen in the Future! These Nanos are Buttercup, Eduardo, Numbuh Two, and Eddy.

The only vehicles that would fit in the Future category are the Clockwork Hoverboard, the Ben 10 Hoverboard, and the Kimchi Cloud, as all three of these vehicles were (or would have been) seen in the Future.

A vast amount of players are expected to attend to the event, so you will only be able to attend if you made reservations with any F.M.H.Q. staff member. The party and general attendance check will be at Goat's Junk Yard, starting at 3:00 PM Eastern. Where will we go from there? Stick with Jake MagnavoX and the rest of the event crew to find out!

We will have two representatives (Victor Xenzodiac and August Aerocomet) stationed outside of the Goat's Junk Yard Infected Zone in case players want to make late reservations so they may attend. You can also chat with them to see if your outfit qualifies as a Futuristic one.

Check out what other players are saying about this and ask questions about other unlisted Futuristic attire in the event's FEEDBACK FORUM or the F.M.H.Q. LIVE CHAT ROOM! Also, be sure to spread the word about this event to your friends, as I will be in game throughout this week doing the same thing! We hope to see you all at the Junk Yard's front gate at 3:00 PM Eastern on February 18th!

FEEDBACK FORUM:http://fusionmodhq.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=35
F.M.H.Q. LIVE: http://fusionmodhq.com/live

FUSIONFALL HOROSCOPES by VivaAlecto
Remember... these are just for fun! Don't take any horoscope seriously unless the reading was made 100% for you and only you! *please stay tuned for the next set of horoscopes *

Band Spotlight by Staindheart
I decided for my next music spotlight to do it about Disturbed. Disturbed recently released a new album, sorry to readers I am not allowed to say the album name and I am deeply sorry for that. This is sadly also their last album because after they finish their tour they are "taking a break from shows and recording". They currently do not have any plans to really get back together. Some members might go solo but it’s currently undecided as of now. I know this has been a little short but that concludes this week’s spotlight.

New website! By TurqoiseAngel
Hi everyone, just in case if you haven’t heard, Jake has changed the address of his website, it is now http://fusionmodhq.com/home.html. This is for everyone who had an account on the previous website, but did not log into the website in time to find out about the move, and also for those who wanted to join the website but were unable to.

GKND Sign-up by TurqoiseAngel
The GKND is still up and going, but we would like some more members to join us to do fun things in Fusion Fall. We explore areas, go on missions, and make friends in our group. To Sign up, just leave your IGN, your level and what numbuh you’d like to be. Check the last page to see if the numbuh you want is still available. Here’s the link to our thread: http://greenmaw.com/forums/thread.php?threadID=33&page=5
We also have a separate website:
http://dimondstar.webs.com/

Riddles: Last week’s riddle was answered correctly by CCUWASTCH_DPRFKI86!
This week’s riddle: Born in the flame
Conceived in the earth
Some use me with shame
And others with mirth
Once I've been tamed I hardly miss
And all men fear my deadly cold kiss
They cloak themselves in shells and chains
They try to fend off the inevitable pain
I am gifted to both soldiers and kings
My beauty can rival an angels wings
But do not forget the homely hearth
For it was probably my first place of birth What am I?

Question of the week by the Darklands Gazette team
Q of the week: Do you think any events will be celebrated in FusionFall this year?

What is your favorite way of getting around in FusionFall? By TurqoiseAngel
Walking-4
S.C.A.M.P.E.R.-1
Monkey Skyway Agents-1
Sliders-5
Vehicles-4

Thank you for reading this week’s issue of the Darklands Gazette!! The Forum name of whoever got it right first in all four websites will be posted next week.
Any questions and comments can be left here, you can reach us at our website, or you can PM us here. Thank You! Website link: http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/

The 93rd issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Gazetteslogo
Back to top Go down
http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/

Page 1 of 1