The Absolution
Welcome to the Absolution. Remember to follow the rules, and try not to get in the way of any of the droids working on the ship. Thanks!
The Absolution
Welcome to the Absolution. Remember to follow the rules, and try not to get in the way of any of the droids working on the ship. Thanks!
The Absolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome aboard the Absolution

HomeHome  Toonami BroadcastToonami Broadcast  Latest imagesLatest images  Chat RoomChat Room  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 75th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TurqoiseAngel
D.G Owner
D.G Owner
TurqoiseAngel

IGN : Zoey Sparklebird

The 75th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Empty
PostSubject: The 75th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 75th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:23 pm

The Darklands Gazette. The Darklands just got a lot darker, and is becoming bigger.
Welcome to our 75th issue! We hope you enjoy this issue just like the last issues we’ve had. We have many great things for this week as we always do and we would like to thank all our readers for their support. - The Darklands Gazette news team

The 75th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Fansiteedition

Our planet Earth by the Darklands Gazette staff
Have any good ideas on how to help the environment that hasn’t been mentioned before? We’d love to hear it! Just post it here or PM it to us.

Art Spotlight sign-ups by TurqoiseAngel
Hello everyone, we have a new spotlight category now, for art. There are probably many of you that would like to see your art featured in the Gazette. All you have to do is send me a PM that has direct links to your art or post the links on this thread and it will be posted in one of the Gazette’s weekly issues. Note that it must be appropriate and the art must have been created by you.

Help Japan and the tornado-hit states! By TurqoiseAngel

Japan is still having a lot of trouble and we can all help by donating, and the states hit by the tornados need help to recover too. Even a small donation will make a big difference. You can donate at this website: https://american.redcross.org/site/Donation2?idb=0&5052.donation=form1&df_id=5052 (For Japan)
https://american.redcross.org/site/Donation2?idb=253362704&df_id=4993&4993.donation=form1 (For the tornado-hit states)

Music of the Week By CloneCluke
Come on Eileen, by Dexys Midnight Runners
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAvfjqzwsW0

Item Spotlight By Ash Sharpshoot
6/19/11
Have you ever been ruthless in your life? Buttercup is often ruthless because of her strength. But now, you can match her strength and be as ruthless as her with your very own Bubbles Dynamo Set! This set makes you look like a robot as well, so while you're at it, do the robot! This has been this week's item spotlight!

Writer’s Spotlight By TurquoiseAngel
I’ve decided to keep featuring chapters from The Misfit Players By Alice Freeangel. Enjoy!
-Chapter Nine-

The walls of the nearby buildings seemed to crumble as easily as crackers as Dustin dodged the crowbar’s vicious blows. The teen found himself desperate for safety, clinging to a hope that maybe one of the heroes would storm by and see his struggle in time to save him. But then…Dustin would have really proved that he was never meant to be the hero that the world was waiting for…That he was waiting to become.

“Stop moving out of the way, you are making it very difficult to kill you,” the dressed up man hissed as the crowbar roared, landing another blow into the wall that Dustin was standing before just moments ago. “Why don’t you scream a little then? If you’re going to be a baby about this, you might as well play the part perfectly.”

The teen bit his lip to hold in his cries for assistance, preparing himself to face this challenge alone. But how could he fight him? Dustin was powerless; no laser vision, no power of flight, no super strength and definitely no omnitrix. He was even lacking in any type of weapon, existing on that now decrepit block with just the clothes on his back. What could he do?

Aquamarine eyes were flashed with red as Dustin lost himself in his thoughts, forgetting there was a lunatic approaching him fast with that crowbar. BAM! Dustin stumbled into the closest wall and cursed, his fingertips brushing against the fresh wound on his head. The impact was less severe than it could have been, but blood was still evident on the teen’s scalp. Dustin couldn’t afford another slip-up.

Without a moment to lose, the teen sprinted for the parked cars on the road, leaping up onto one of the hood and beginning his hurdles from car to car. The suited man paused for a moment, an interested expression befalling his face while he made his path besides the cars. The bloodied crowbar now slammed within the glass of each car as the man passed, a deep cackle rising from his throat as he crept up onto Dustin’s retreating form.

“You should give up already,” the man began his taunts once more only to be silenced by a shadow darting across the ground before him. He slid to a halt, his dark eyes glancing around him suspiciously. Something was trying to get the upper hand on him, but who? The man’s eyes went wide as the shadow appeared at his feet once again, this time growing larger and larger. “From above!”

The suited man managed to step out of the way in time before Reggie’s form landed there, the ground shattering at his impact while he glared over at his prey. Dustin caught the sight from the corner of his eye and he slid off the final car, his orbs wide as they laid over the scene of his father.

“Dad?” Dustin got out but Reggie’s hand rose up, silencing his son.

“Been awhile, Cillian,” Reggie barked as he rose up, brushing the dust off his shoulders.

“Wish it was longer, Reggie,” the man, Cillian, retorted.

“Don’t start getting smart with me,” Reggie cut a glance back at his son before returning the glare to Cillian. “Why were you pursuing my son?”

“Hmm, no particular reason, just looked destined for some hurt,” Cillian replied, tossing the crowbar up before it returned to his grasps. “His face just begs to be bloodied, don’t you think?”

“Your lies don’t work with me.”

“What lies? I’m not lying; it almost pains my heart to hear those accusations.”

“Cillian…”

The suited man rolled his eyes as he stepped away from the man, his crowbar now loose in his grasps as he turned heel and began to walk away. Cillian had almost made it around the smashed corner of the building when he halted, glancing back towards the father and son.

“Might I remind you of the objects falling from the sky? They’ll be here within the hour,” he cut a smirk as he disappeared round the bend. “Course I’d rather be the one to spill your blood…but I prefer a different battlefield than this. Til we meet again…wherever that may be…”

With those final words, Cillian was gone. Reggie kept his glare firm at the corner, though Dustin took no time to appear at his father’s side in shock.

“You just…leapt from the sky and scared off the creep with the crowbar!” the teen gulped and gawked at the damage that surrounded them, unable to understand what all had just occurred. “Dad, did you know that?! You just…!”

“Of course I knew that, you idiot! I’m the one that did it,” Reggie shook away his glare, smirking down at his flesh and blood beside him. “Glad I found you in time. I’m sorry about that, I had no idea that mistake of a man would be in town.”

“Who was he? And how the heck do you know that maniac?”

“His name is Cillian Fickenaur, or Cell,” the older Hawthorne rolled his eyes at the thought of the suited man, though continuing with his words despite his feelings. “We’ve met in the past…let’s just say, he hasn’t changed a bit.”

“Cillian Fickenaur?” Dustin repeated the name for a moment before letting out a gasp, finding his father tampering with his headwound. “Dad, leave it alone! It hurts!”

“Don’t be such a baby, Dustin. You’ll be fine,” Reggie chuckled as he reached into his pocket, pulling out some fresh bandages and tending to his wound. “What are you doing out here, son? What of your mother and brother?”

“They made it to the S.C.A.M.P.E.R.s fine,” Dustin answered through clenched teeth, the treatment launching a wave of pain throughout his body. “I came looking for you since we were all worried about you…”

The older Hawthorne paused at his son’s words before continuing with the treatment, his smile huge while he took care of his son. Once completed, Reggie turned his son by the shoulders and hugged him. Dustin accepted the hug gratefully before pulling away, his eyes searching for answers.

“Dad, I promised Mom that when I found you, we’d be on the next S.C.A.M.P.E.R. out of here,” Dustin stood there with a proud smile, his father nodding in agreement as they both began for the piers. “We should be one of the final ones to leave too. This place is barren. They have really outdone themselves with the retreat.”

“Well, almost,” Reggie mumbled as the two of them walked together. “One of your friends was wandering about by our house. She seemed intent on finding someone. You know who I’m talking about? That Abigail Louis girl.”

The younger Hawthorne came to a halt at the mention of the name, a wave of shock befalling the boy. That girl from before was still wandering around the city? Was she that dumb? Those falling pods were going to make impact at any moment and she was dilly-dallying around without a care in the world probably looking for them ‘Misfit Players’ she was so keen on finding. What an idiot!

“You know, Dustin,” the teen broke from his thoughts as he glanced up at his father, Reggie smiling towards him before outstretching his clenched hand towards him. “You might want to get that girl back, she’s going to keep on putting herself in danger without a hero to rescue her. Here, take this and get out of here. If I see your Mom, I’ll just tell her it was my idea. Besides, I know you’ll be returning to us soon so there’s no need to worry.”

“But Dad…”

“Go on, Dustin,” Reggie dropped the item into Dustin’s palms, revealing a chained necklace adorning some sort of ring. “Take that with you for good measure. Be safe all right. I trust you can handle yourself just fine.”

There was a long pause for the teen as Reggie sprinted down the street towards the pier, disappearing without another word of caution for his son. Dustin felt confused by his father’s words but brought the ring up to examine it, the metal glowing in the light of the rising moon. What all was happening to him was confusing, but…Reggie seemed to believe in his abilities and urged him to act. Reggie believed his son was a hero, and Dustin would be a fool to disappoint a man with some sort of past with a lunatic with a crowbar.

“I’m coming Abby…Let’s just hope you don’t make things difficult for me.”
-End of Chapter Nine-

Advice column by VivaAlecto
Need some help or advice on a problem you have and don’t know who to turn to? Just post your problem here or if you prefer you can send it by PM to VivaAlecto. She will post her response in the following issue of the Gazette or PM you back.

The story of the Fusion Fighters- A Fusionfall fan-fiction by razorfang
Please stay tuned for the next chapter of the story of the Fusion Fighters.

GKND Sign-up by TurqoiseAngel
The GKND is still up and going, but we would like some more members to join us to do fun things in Fusion Fall. We explore areas, go on missions, and make friends in our group. To Sign up, just leave your IGN, your level and what numbuh you’d like to be. Check the last page to see if the numbuh you want is still available. Here’s the link to our thread: http://greenmaw.com/forums/thread.php?threadID=33&page=5
We also have a separate website:
http://dimondstar.webs.com/

Riddles: Last week’s riddle was answered correctly by CloneCluke, Granite, Silver, and razorfang!
This week’s riddle: In a river there is a boat and from the boat a rope ladder is hanging and the first bottom step is parallel to the water. On the rope the steps are 30cm apart and the water gets up 15cm each hour. How long will it take for the water to reach the third step?

Question of the week by the Darklands Gazette team
Q of the week: What’s your favorite IZ?

Out of all the added nanos, which one is your favorite? By TurqoiseAngel
Rex nano-10
Finn nano-2
Alien X nano-1
Unstable nano-0
Johnny nano-3
Cheese nano-2
Jake nano-1
Flapjack nano-3

Thank you for reading this week’s issue of the Darklands Gazette!! The Forum name of whoever got it right first in all four websites will be posted next week.
Any questions and comments can be left here, you can reach us at our website, or you can PM us here. Thank You! Website link: http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/

The 75th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Gazetteslogo
Back to top Go down
http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/
T.O.M 4
T.O.M
T.O.M
T.O.M 4

IGN : Razor Fang

PostSubject: Re: The 75th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 75th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:07 pm

Riddle: It won't. If the water goes up so does the rope and ladder.
Back to top Go down
https://theabsolution.forumotion.com
TurqoiseAngel
D.G Owner
D.G Owner
TurqoiseAngel

IGN : Zoey Sparklebird

PostSubject: Re: The 75th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 75th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:16 pm

You got it right again. Locking, the next issue will be up soon.
Back to top Go down
http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 75th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 75th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Icon_c10

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Absolution :: Outgoing Feeds - What's New :: The Darklands Gazette-
Jump to: